Subwoofer with crossover intergrated |

soumilrana

Greetings people,

Thrilled to find a forum with audio enthusiasts from India.

I was trying to procure KRK 10s subwoofer to go with my KRK 8" G3. I have a Behringer uphoria UMC22. It offers 2 out ports. Been looking for a subwoofer which comes with integrated crossover so that I don't have to buy a new audio interface.
After contacting Trimac (importer of KRK), they told me that import time for 10s is 3-4 months.

It'd be great to get suggestions on a subwoofer within 25-30k.
I live near Delhi and the sole purpose of the setup is to enjoy good quality music.

Thanks guys, and looking forward to engaging with the community.

Hello and welcome @soumilrana

Surprised you missed the one and only AV forum in India...
KRK 8" G3 are more of a “near field” studio monitor speakers.
should the speakers not be able to achieve bass on their own... do you really need a sub?

Hi hydrovac, I just moved back from the states so yeah nah yeah, I never tried to socialize in any AV forum in India.

I definitely do need a subwoofer. Otherwise; Usually, I just end up in my AV room to listen to colored sound just for the low frequencies. Do 8" G3 deliver good enough bass. Yes, they do; but they sacrifice on mid frequencies while doing that. I would definitely love a perfect audio setup.

Last edited:
Is the room treated? Acoustics play a major role on how a system sounds like.
curious to know, how adding a sub will address the issues mentioned.

Yeah, most of it. Except for the wooden floor. But I have got 3 carpets covering 50% of the area.

Whenever I feel like enjoying heavy basslines, I push up LF on the speakers, just to lose 1000-6000 frequencies. I once I have the subwoofer, I will just keep em on -1 level to offload all the lf pressure and let the subwoofer do its job.

Its a hassle to climb 3 floors whenever you want to listen to colored sound for 10 minutes or so... So, yeh.

Hi hydrovac, I just moved back from the states so yeah nah yeah, I never tried to socialize in any AV forum in India.

I definitely do need a subwoofer. Otherwise; Usually, I just end up in my AV room to listen to colored sound just for the low frequencies. Do 8" G3 deliver good enough bass. Yes, they do; but they sacrifice on mid frequencies while doing that. I would definitely love a perfect audio setup.
If the Krk's are not flat, will probably be tough to get them anywhere near where you want them... a random sub is good candidate for disaster in accuracy.
Check out room eq wizard, a free program that you can use to analyze your room problem points.

If the Krk's are not flat, will probably be tough to get them anywhere near where you want them... a random sub is good candidate for disaster in accuracy.
Check out room eq wizard, a free program that you can use to analyze your room problem points.

Ah, I tried eq wizard. I don't I need that level of accuracy because I don't produce music. Getting a random sub is the best idea. However, I will have to get a pre amp for that. I was trying to work with my umc22.

A 15k subwoofer be good enough, but then it would go with a 20k preamp (or am I wrong?)

That is why I was trying for 10s (costing me 30k). I just need that extra punch without sacrificing on lower mids.

Thanks for the bump!

It took 5 months but Trimac Audio imported KRK 10s for me. Sold by Pro Audio Delhi.
Loving the addition of the subwoofer!

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back