Subwoofers under 30k

Hi all, this is the first time i am posting here. I am looking at upgrading my existing Philips HTIB speakers, coupled with a Pioneer VSX 524. My new Fronts will be the JBL Stage A120 and Center will be JBL Stage A125c. Haven't decided on the surrounds yet.

My budget for the Sub is 30k, and I found the Taga Harmony TSW 212 se to be a pretty specced sub at 30k on HifiMart (Currently out of stock). Is the Taga sub worth it or should i consider something else. I was eyeing a couple of subs from JBL and Polk in the same price range but none of those go below 35hz. The BIC F12 has similar specs and seems nice but costs another 10k.

Usage will be 70% Movies, 20%Games ,10% Music.

Any ideas/advice on this would be highly helpful.
Listen to Polks/Taga/BIC and then take a call, specs is not all, on a side note, it is important to have proper room acoustics to get the best from speakers/subs. Say, if you get a sub below 35K and if the room is not treated properly, the echo/reverb effects will cause sound fatigue and will not give the full experience.

Listen to Polks/Taga/BIC and then take a call, specs is not all, on a side note, it is important to have proper room acoustics to get the best from speakers/subs. Say, if you get a sub below 35K and if the room is not treated properly, the echo/reverb effects will cause sound fatigue and will not give the full experience.
Hi, thanks for the info, I've already bought a Bic America Pl 200 II after suggestions from the forum. It's been some time since I started this thread.

Hi, thanks for the info, I've already bought a Bic America Pl 200 II after suggestions from the forum. It's been some time since I started this thread.
Congratulations on your purchase, hope you are you enjoying the sub, how is the performance and where did you make the purchase?

Congratulations on your purchase, hope you are you enjoying the sub, how is the performance and where did you make the purchase?
The sub is really great. As far as performance is concerned, it's really good for movies. Haven't heard much songs so far. Have kept the volume gain at half, sound level at - 3db on the receiver, will let it be till the break in period.

Bought it from Jamsticks, Saw that it's also available on Hifimart now.

Congratulations for the new sub. I bought F12 from Jamstick. I wanted to purchase PI 200 II but my budget doesn't allowed so took f12. Thanks for your suggestions.
Happy you made a good decision. I actually was searching for the F12, Saw it was available on Jamsticks, but changed my mind at the last minute and went for the Pl 200 II. The higher rms and tight bass (as per reviews) at this price was very tempting.

I am using Polk TL 1600 5.1 speaker system. Now I want to add BIC America F12 to it. Is it compatible with my existing speaker system? How to setup two Sub of different brand and different wattage. My TL 1600 has a 100watt whereas BIC America F12 is a 150watts Sub.

My suggestion is not to pair Subs with different brands which have difference in terms of power.
Use the BIC sub only, tune it to perfection rather than having the old sub to crap out and make bass dirty.

Which receiver are you using ?

I am using Polk TL 1600 5.1 speaker system. Now I want to add BIC America F12 to it. Is it compatible with my existing speaker system? How to setup two Sub of different brand and different wattage. My TL 1600 has a 100watt whereas BIC America F12 is a 150watts Sub.
Different subs can't be easily combined to produce a clean output in a 5.2 setup.

Best thing would be to use the Bic alone and re-purpose your Polk sub.

Remove the existing sub and use BIC sub only, if the AVR has auto setup then run it and keep sub volume level on the sub at 40 to 50%...use a good subwoofer cable from AVR to sub.

I myself use different brands of speakers....dont expect the sub to perform awesome on day 1....it needs at least 40 to 50 hours of use to get properly tuned and opened up!

Since you own a BIC sub now, suggest you read the threads on BIC America owners where first hand experience is available.

I did consider the Taga but i couldn't make up my mind. Its cheaper than the BIC F12, with similar specs but there are absolutely zero reviews. How is the Sub working out for you? Did it come with Warranty and hope you can divulge on where it was bought from.

Someone on another thread told the Polk HTS12 was available for less than 40k but i can't find any online.
Plz try avshack.com and nexthifi.com. they provide reasonable discounts. I bought HTS12 in 40k.

I have received BIC 12 today from Jamstick for 31k+950 transport, Thanks all of you for your valuable suggestions. I am quite satisfied with it's performance both in movie and music. But it sounds little boomy though. Can't increase the volume of this sub above 30% of it's capacity.

Jamstick people have pathetic customer handling. They talk as if they don't need business, no proper way to talk, no politeness. I won't purchase anything from these people again even if they offer 50% discount..

Back