Subwoofers under 30k

rsklogin

Hi all, this is the first time i am posting here. I am looking at upgrading my existing Philips HTIB speakers, coupled with a Pioneer VSX 524. My new Fronts will be the JBL Stage A120 and Center will be JBL Stage A125c. Haven't decided on the surrounds yet.

My budget for the Sub is 30k, and I found the Taga Harmony TSW 212 se to be a pretty specced sub at 30k on HifiMart (Currently out of stock). Is the Taga sub worth it or should i consider something else. I was eyeing a couple of subs from JBL and Polk in the same price range but none of those go below 35hz. The BIC F12 has similar specs and seems nice but costs another 10k.

Usage will be 70% Movies, 20%Games ,10% Music.

Any ideas/advice on this would be highly helpful.

You may need to extend your budget if u expect performance below 35hz. Subs like Bic f12, Taga 12 inches or the Polk HTS 12 will do a decent job.

I own a Taga TSW 212 SE, been using since few months and mostly will be getting one more to evenly distribute bass in my rectangular room soon, waiting for stocks.
Ran few frequency sweeps from 0 to 100hz and I could start feeling the sub at 30hz. Packs good punch but can get boomy if you don't place it properly but it can happen with most of the subs.
Don't expect these to compete with higher 12inch subs, but its a good value sub.

Will be doing a short review or overview video of the Sub as many people have been asking. Watch this space.

Hi all, this is the first time i am posting here. I am looking at upgrading my existing Philips HTIB speakers, coupled with a Pioneer VSX 524. My new Fronts will be the JBL Stage A120 and Center will be JBL Stage A125c. Haven't decided on the surrounds yet.

My budget for the Sub is 30k, and I found the Taga Harmony TSW 212 se to be a pretty specced sub at 30k on HifiMart (Currently out of stock). Is the Taga sub worth it or should i consider something else. I was eyeing a couple of subs from JBL and Polk in the same price range but none of those go below 35hz. The BIC F12 has similar specs and seems nice but costs another 10k.

This should cover the missing low frequencies in your setup...good for both movies and music

"If your room is a little larger or you want bass you can feel in your chest when watching movies, the HTS12 is worth it."

Buy JBL stage as surrounds and also for subwoofer.

You may also consider Sonodyne Roar 1210 falls under 30 to 35 k budget. I had been using this and pretty good sub.

I own a Taga TSW 212 SE, been using since few months and mostly will be getting one more to evenly distribute bass in my rectangular room soon, waiting for stocks.
Ran few frequency sweeps from 0 to 100hz and I could start feeling the sub at 30hz. Packs good punch but can get boomy if you don't place it properly but it can happen with most of the subs.
Don't expect these to compete with higher 12inch subs, but its a good value sub.

Will be doing a short review or overview video of the Sub as many people have been asking. Watch this space.
I did consider the Taga but i couldn't make up my mind. Its cheaper than the BIC F12, with similar specs but there are absolutely zero reviews. How is the Sub working out for you? Did it come with Warranty and hope you can divulge on where it was bought from.

Someone on another thread told the Polk HTS12 was available for less than 40k but i can't find any online.

I did consider the Taga but i couldn't make up my mind. Its cheaper than the BIC F12, with similar specs but there are absolutely zero reviews. How is the Sub working out for you? Did it come with Warranty and hope you can divulge on where it was bought from.

Someone on another thread told the Polk HTS12 was available for less than 40k but i can't find any online.

Yes got it with warranty from hifimart.com for around 28k

Sub is working great, I don't use it for music at all. But whenever I heard it, it was sounding smooth and blended well with my Taga 606

You can bargain with the person you want to purchase.

I am in a weird situation now, I want 2 identical subs. And Taga is out of stock everyplace, thinking of selling the TSW-212 and getting two PSB S10, Polk HTS or something similar.

Nexthifi mart told me Tagas should be available by this month end.

Hi everyone, thank you so much for all your info. Was able to get a great deal on the Bic America Pl 200 II. Had to stretch my budget a bit, was aiming for the Bic F12 but the Pl 200 II came at almost the same price so couldn't miss it.

Hi everyone, thank you so much for all your info. Was able to get a great deal on the Bic America Pl 200 II. Had to stretch my budget a bit, was aiming for the Bic F12 but the Pl 200 II came at almost the same price so couldn't miss it.

Can you let me know at what price did you get it? And from? PM will do.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back