Need subwoofer recommendations under 1L

donmathew90

Hey Everyone - I'm in the process of exploring subwoofers that cost under 1L (can increase my budget slightly if required). It'll be used mainly to watch movies so would prefer a ported one. I currently have a Taga Harmony 212SE and was wondering if should get one more of those instead as its been decent enough for me personally.

My room's size is 12 x 13 ft. It's not a dedicated HT. It's my home office/media room but I've got enough space.

Please provide your suggestions.

My gear - Denon X1800H + Taga Harmony 607 5.0 speakers, Taga Harmony 212SE subwoofer, Taga Harmony TOS-415 v2 for 2 channel Atmos

SVS pb 1000 or tone winner d2000. it is not recommended to go for dual subs if you can't measure or manage multiple subs with dsp. since it may introduce cancelling and the overall output may suffer.

Hey Everyone - I'm in the process of exploring subwoofers that cost under 1L (can increase my budget slightly if required). It'll be used mainly to watch movies so would prefer a ported one. I currently have a Taga Harmony 212SE and was wondering if should get one more of those instead as its been decent enough for me personally.

My room's size is 12 x 13 ft. It's not a dedicated HT. It's my home office/media room but I've got enough space.

My gear - Denon X1800H + Taga Harmony 607 5.0 speakers, Taga Harmony 212SE subwoofer, Taga Harmony TOS-415 v2 for 2 channel Atmos

SVS would be ideal. BIC America is also good but heard after sales service issues faced by some. Polk HTS 12 inch which is ported is also good. Would suggest you audition in person with your favourite movie scene / clip and music and decide.

Which City / location are you based in?

I have been through the below in a similarly sized room ( 15 by 11)

SVS SB2000 - Sealed sub & fell short of my expectations for HT. In Xbox there are atmos demo tracks of Leaf & Amaze , the impact for some scenes & in some cases there was no bass at all.

XTZ 12.17 Edge - A superb sub, scenes which demanded skull rattling bass were felt as is. Bullets , explosions etc were killer in this. I had moved on to stereo more & hence had let go of 12.17 edge I owned

Rhytmik FVX12 - After a short hiatus got back to HT & picked this sub. It's very different to the XTZ in that it has a tighter bass which doesn't linger around a lot, seems to be an extension of the speaker itself. The hard hitting bass of XTZ is missed at times but then I find it to be a much better sub overall.

I think you will not go wrong with either Rhytmik of XTZ coming from your current sub.

SVS would be ideal. BIC America is also good but heard after sales service issues faced by some. Polk HTS 12 inch which is ported is also good. Would suggest you audition in person with your favourite movie scene / clip and music and decide.

Which City / location are you based in?
Any suggestions on which SVS I'll need considering my room size? PB1000 Pro?

I'm from Kochi and the auditioning scene here is quite bad from what I've seen so far.

I have been through the below in a similarly sized room ( 15 by 11)

SVS SB2000 - Sealed sub & fell short of my expectations for HT. In Xbox there are atmos demo tracks of Leaf & Amaze , the impact for some scenes & in some cases there was no bass at all.

XTZ 12.17 Edge - A superb sub, scenes which demanded skull rattling bass were felt as is. Bullets , explosions etc were killer in this. I had moved on to stereo more & hence had let go of 12.17 edge I owned

Rhytmik FVX12 - After a short hiatus got back to HT & picked this sub. It's very different to the XTZ in that it has a tighter bass which doesn't linger around a lot, seems to be an extension of the speaker itself. The hard hitting bass of XTZ is missed at times but then I find it to be a much better sub overall.

I think you will not go wrong with either Rhytmik of XTZ coming from your current sub.
Thanks a lot for your detailed inputs. Been leaning towards a ported SVS since that's what most of my friends have. Also, it comes 5 years of warranty.

How much did you end up paying for the XTZ and Rhytmik?

Been looking at Tonewinner too. Apparently, they're SVS killers or so I've heard :D

Thanks a lot for your detailed inputs. Been leaning towards a ported SVS since that's what most of my friends have. Also, it comes 5 years of warranty.

How much did you end up paying for the XTZ and Rhytmik?

Been looking at Tonewinner too. Apparently, they're SVS killers or so I've heard :D

Don't remember the pricing exactly. Both were about a lakh & thereabouts from what I remember.

Also for HT I would say deeper it goes the better , the additional power can be controlled anyways via the gain switch. So if you have made up your mind on SVS them go for the PB 2000

Don't remember the pricing exactly. Both were about a lakh & thereabouts from what I remember.

Also for HT I would say deeper it goes the better , the additional power can be controlled anyways via the gain switch. So if you have made up your mind on SVS them go for the PB 2000
Haven't made up my mind at all. Still exploring :)

Hi Happy hunting..

i started with SVS SB1000 & later moved to Rythmik ported FVX12 & 15 inch..
i have different experience for both brand & sound .. it has its own way of producing sound out put , what i feel is its individual experience & expectation or feel towards it. when u r spending 1L N above don't go on reviews just experience /feel it & buy it. it not that reviews are not good but their own choice of sound would differ i meant.
Later you should not feel to upgrade not change the sub. as sub is import to enjoy the movies & bass for music.
take time experience it & buy better one & enjoy the sound.
Note: sub price are now high & keep going high.. if u are fine to get used try some used for sale in this forum .

Try these brand what i know as good.
1. Rythmik
2.Arendal.
3.SVS
4.XTZ
5.JL audio
6.tone winner( now ppl say its good i didt heard)

Hi Happy hunting..

i started with SVS SB1000 & later moved to Rythmik ported FVX12 & 15 inch..
i have different experience for both brand & sound .. it has its own way of producing sound out put , what i feel is its individual experience & expectation or feel towards it. when u r spending 1L N above don't go on reviews just experience /feel it & buy it. it not that reviews are not good but their own choice of sound would differ i meant.
Later you should not feel to upgrade not change the sub. as sub is import to enjoy the movies & bass for music.
take time experience it & buy better one & enjoy the sound.
Note: sub price are now high & keep going high.. if u are fine to get used try some used for sale in this forum .

1. Rythmik
2.Arendal.
3.SVS
4.XTZ
5.JL audio
Thanks for taking the time to type all that. And yes, the plan is to get some options from you guys and audition them when I can :)

He's right.. sv12 is actually better then pb 2000
Thanks @prateekatasniya! I've seen a bunch of your responses regarding subs on here :)

I've currently got a Taga Harmony 212SE and the initial plan was to get one more for a dual sub config. Would you suggest going that way for balanced bass or should I sell the Taga and get one of the better subs?

Also, do you have any inputs on the Tonewinner subs?

It is best to audition the subwoofer, however the output is based on several factors including the input source, room acoustics etc. I didnt get a chance to audition them but I have heard from my friends and read many good reviews about Rythmik, SVS and XTZ. I own an Arendal 1961 1v and it is pretty good. I havent been able to compare it with other subs though. I have noticed that Blurays as the source with the subwoofer provides great experience.

Unfortunately its tough to get audition of these sub woofers even in Bangalore. Only few dealers have a piece for demo and thats too will be 12" Sub. SVS was easily available though Rythmik and XTZ was able to get audition very later since dealer was waiting for the product. And Dealers will keep only specific model of the sub for Demo.
If its in USA , we have a option of experiencing Sub and returning it within certain time frame if we dont like it.
1. Rythmik
2.Arendal.
3.SVS
4.XTZ
5.JL audio

It is best to audition the subwoofer, however the output is based on several factors including the input source, room acoustics etc. I didnt get a chance to audition them but I have heard from my friends and read many good reviews about Rythmik, SVS and XTZ. I own an Arendal 1961 1v and it is pretty good. I havent been able to compare it with other subs though. I have noticed that Blurays as the source with the subwoofer provides great experience.
Thanks! How much did the Arendal cost?

Unfortunately its tough to get audition of these sub woofers even in Bangalore. Only few dealers have a piece for demo and thats too will be 12" Sub. SVS was easily available though Rythmik and XTZ was able to get audition very later since dealer was waiting for the product. And Dealers will keep only specific model of the sub for Demo.
If its in USA , we have a option of experiencing Sub and returning it within certain time frame if we dont like it.
What you mentioned is the only reason I wish I was in the US 😀

Think about dual full marty subwoofers with 21 inch mid bass drivers that too in 4 Ohms pushed by crown xls 2502 in bridge mode. No subwoofer is close to this setup.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back