Suggest a 48" to 50" FULL HD TV

jain1980

I am planning to purchase a 50" FULL HD TV. Please suggest some highly rated models with the following specifications :

Size : 47" to 50"
Budget : Rs.60 to 80K.
Panel : IPS is needed.
Brands : LG, Samsung, Sony

I already own an excellent LG LW5700 LED TV with IPS panel and very satisfied with it. 3D is preferred if 3D panels are better than 2D ones.

Looking forward to your suggestions.

I am planning to purchase a 50" FULL HD TV. Please suggest some highly rated models with the following specifications :

Size : 47" to 50"
Budget : Rs.60 to 80K.
Panel : IPS is needed.
Brands : LG, Samsung, Sony

I already own an excellent LG LW5700 LED TV with IPS panel and very satisfied with it. 3D is preferred if 3D panels are better than 2D ones.

Looking forward to your suggestions.

If you are happy with your current LG tv and you require an IPS panel then stick to LG , most of their Tvs are IPS panels.

In your price range , these are the tvs that have IPS panels,
Samsung J5000 ( Except for 50 inch Model)
LG LF6300 ( 49 Inch model Available on Snapdeal for 72k )

Sony does not seem to have any IPS panels at that size and price range.

Also, the model numbers are important, coz a Samsung J5000 will be different compared to say , a Samsung J5200.

Hope this helps.

You may also try Micromax 49" LED 4K Ready tv 50K2330UHD which does Full HD quite well, available at amazon.in for INR 48K. I am having it and enjoying. not sure whether it has IPS panel. Not bad option given its other features like built in wireless, android stuff etc.,

Last edited:
How much difference is there between an IPS panel and a non-IPS panel in terms of color reproduction and angle of view ?

If you are happy with your current LG tv and you require an IPS panel then stick to LG , most of their Tvs are IPS panels.

In your price range , these are the tvs that have IPS panels,
Samsung J5000 ( Except for 50 inch Model)
LG LF6300 ( 49 Inch model Available on Snapdeal for 72k )

Sony does not seem to have any IPS panels at that size and price range.

Also, the model numbers are important, coz a Samsung J5000 will be different compared to say , a Samsung J5200.

Hope this helps.

How much difference is there between an IPS panel and a non-IPS panel in terms of color reproduction and angle of view ?

There is quite a bit of difference, IPS panels have great viewing angles so they are good for Living Rooms where sometimes people will be viewing at an angle, VA panels have better Color Reproduction when viewed straight on , but the colors tend to wash out a bit when viewed from an angle.

It also depends on what you are watching , if you watch blu ray quality movies n all then you might notice a bigger difference but at the same time if you are watching regular cable then you might not notice as much of a difference.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back