Suggest a good Pair of Bookshelf Speakers for Denon 1912

saurabh0073

Hi,

Please suggest a good pair of Bookshelf Speakers to go with Denon AVR 1912.

Following are the Options I have in mind as per priority:

Polk Audio Tsi 200

Boston Acoustics CS 26

Polk Audio Rti A3

Polk Audio Rti A1

This is because of a plan to purchase the AVR and the speakers on the Go in Future.
So I only want to start with the Bookshelf Speakers.

What about getting the Whole Set Imported as following

Denon 1912 from Amazon.de --- 29K

Speaker Set By Polk Audio from US

11K PSW110 -- SUB
6k CS10 --- Center Speaker
13K Tsi200 --- Bookshelf
4K OWM3 --- Surround
28K Tsi400 --- Floor Standers

This looks more Affordable. Also I plan to Purchase Tsi400 Floor Standers at a later stage; in future.

So My total Expense will be around 65k for this setup Excluding Tsi400.

Last edited:
Would love if some experts would comment. I am stuck in the same boat. Just realised that I cannot use Floor Standers. Hence was hoping to use atleast bookshelves.

I have finalised on Denon 1912 as AVR. I am stuck on speakers. :(

Seems like lot of Us are Stuck with 1912 Speakers. I was thinking WhY not have a group buy for 1912, if we can get it for less.

Also after listening to both the bookshelf models, I have decided to go with Rti A3 instead of the Tsi200

Checked out the Rti's A3 at beats99 and is available with least price.

Also for Surround I plan for going with Wharfedale 10 DFS after reading the reviews instead of OWM3.

For the initial setup, I might only for for 1912 with
Polk Audio Rti A3,
Polk Audio CS10 (Center)
Wharfedale 10DFS surround
Polk Audio PSW110 or PSW125

I would not go for the Tower Speakers as of now and will plan to buy them in future.

I use 1912 with Polk Tsi400. Its very good.

However, for book shelf B&W is very good. I would rather go for Tsi300 instead of Tsi200. Both has same number of drivers, but Tsi300's size should give that extra depth.

I am new to this Forum and do not know on how to start a Group Buy. If anyone can help us out, and take the initiative that will be great would love to see some great offers

Guys ! please select the speakers first and find the suitable amplifier or avr to drive them with.

Group buys and discounts wont bring much happiness if the speakers and amplification is not matched well.

Sunday gyan :D.

@kittu could not agree more with you:)

I did the same mistake, I bought polk tsi 400 and denon 1912. Even thought it sounded good, I kept feeling the speakers could do sound much better, then I sold my devon 1912 (just two months old) and bought HK AVR460 and my god its good, I can't explain how much of an improvement it is (I know there are much better speakers) But my entry level speakers have so much to deliver with right amp. I watched Troy with my old denon amp and today I again watched it in my new HK, its so so much better. Now I feel like I got what I wanted out of my HT

Last edited:
@kittu could not agree more with you:)

I did the same mistake, I bought polk tai 400 and devon 1912. Even thought it sounded good, I kept feeling the speakers could sound much better, then I sold my devon 1912 (just two months old) and bought HK AVR460 and my god, its good, I can't explain how much of an improvement it is (I know there are much better speakers) But my entry level speakers could has so much to deliver with right amp. I watched Troy with my old denon amp and today I again watched it in my new HK, its so so much better. Now I feel like I got that I wanted out of my HT

its surprising you liked HK over denon, did you do the audyssey setup in 1912 ?

its surprising you liked HK over denon, did you do the audyssey setup in 1912 ?

Yes, I did. I agree Denon are good, but HK AVR 460 is few steps ahead of Denon 1912. It has got much more grunt to drive the floor standing speakers. The difference is so obvious.

Last edited:
Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back