Suggest a Good Soundbar

jain1980

Hi Folks

I am looking for suggestions for a good soundbar which will also double up as a good music system for my room which is around 12' x 14' size. Budget is around 15 to 20K. Must have a dedicated wireless subwoofer.

Some of the brands I looked are JBL Bar 2.1 (the 2017 model), Yamaha YAS-209, Denon but only JBL is in my budget. Any other models that I should look at?

Thnx

I recently bought Yamaha YAS-109 for around 21K. Decent soundbar with built in subwoofer. Two things which can come handy are 1.Alexa, and support for spotify 2.Sub Out.

I had the Yamaha 108 and it was pretty bad, barely better than my TV speakers. I have since then tried several soundbars, and I would advice against the Yamaha ones

What TV do you have? At this budget cannot expect a lot of magic. Some decent ones you should be able to demo at any Samsung showroom would be Samsung q60r/t or T650

What TV do you have? At this budget cannot expect a lot of magic. Some decent ones you should be able to demo at any Samsung showroom would be Samsung q60r/t or T650
It's a 42 inch LG full hd TV. Not too fancy. It's in my personal room. I am willing to increase the budget to 25 to 30K if I can get good soundstage.

If you can increase to around 37k, get the Samsung q800t
It's just too big for my TV unit size and would be overkill for a room 12*10. Moreover the reviews about the SQ are so so, especially about the bass. Are you using this soundbar personally?

It's just too big for my TV unit size and would be overkill for a room 12*10. Moreover the reviews about the SQ are so so, especially about the bass. Are you using this soundbar personally?
I am and it's pretty good at this price point. My room size is 12*14 and bass is more than enough.

I am looking for suggestions for a good soundbar which will also double up as a good music system for my room which is around 12' x 14' size. Budget is around 15 to 20K. Must have a dedicated wireless subwoofer.

Some of the brands I looked are JBL Bar 2.1 (the 2017 model), Yamaha YAS-209, Denon but only JBL is in my budget. Any other models that I should look at?
Both the JBL and Yamaha models listed are decent soundbars, for the money.
While soundbars aren't the best choice for a wholesome experience, two of the better sounding entry-level ones I've heard are from Q Acoustics. Check out the Q Acoustics Media 4 (M4) and/or the Q Acoustics M3 Soundbar. While these may be slightly more expensive than the generic brands in the category, they sound way better than their tinny competitors and clearly wins out on the sound quality.
Alternatively, you could also check out the Klipsch R-41PM; provided you have space for them.
The bass on the above is adequate. However, if you ever find it lacking, you can always add a subwoofer later.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back