Suggest an entry-level AVR for Atmos

buzzaro

Hi, guys.

I've been browsing the forum for weeks and want to build a good entry-level Atmos systems. I have some ideas, but I need help with choosing the right AVR as my budget is quite tight. My room size is 14X17 feet. I had a basic Sony HTiB with a soundbar which I recently retired. I found a good deal on OLX for 10-month old ELAC C5.2 Center Speaker and ELAC Debut 2.0 OWB4.2 on-wall speakers. I like the sound of them, so my next purchase is going to be Elac DEBUT 2.0 B5.2, bookshelf speakers. Will use the on-wall speakers as rear speakers then. This completes my 5.0 setup. I don't have a faux ceiling yet, but after a few months I'll get it done and install ceiling speakers then. Budget Miccas probably. Probably get a Sub also at that time and make it 5.2.1. So, right now, I'm looking for a good AVR to drive a satisfying Atmos system. My main usage will be movies and TV shows 80%, and music will only be 20%. I have an Epson Full HD projector and good screen, so the only thing missing is theatre like sound right now. Please suggest a model around 40K. Is that too low for entry-level 7.2 AVR? Also, is this a really bad time to buy an AVR? I'm aware of price hikes in most other categories like PC parts, but I'm not aware of price trends in Audio tech. In my reading through the forum, I've seen people buying AVRs at much lower price points than what's currently advertised on various sites like Hifimart or Avshack. If it helps, I'm located in Ahmedabad, Gujarat.

To recap, I have
Center Speaker - ELAC C5.2
Rear Speakers - ELAC OWB4.2 (Currently using as front speakers, will move to rear)

Need to buy right now -
7.2 AVR which can serve a 5.2.1 system - (budget 40K)
ELAC B5.2 - (budget 25K)

Need to buy in six months to one year
Subwoofer for movies - (budget 25k)
Ceiling speakers for Atmos - (budget 10-15K)

Please help with other requirements too if you have idea. Budget can be stretched 10-15% but not more than that. I'm trying to get as much VFM as I can.

Back