Suggest an entry level AVR

Hi Saurabh! How do you find 1610 for music? are you still using it? what speakers setup are you using for 1610?
Thanks!

I heard 1610 & found it is better for mov.With polk sat,soundstage was wide ,but sounding a little bright.1910 was balanced.

Hi I jus brought a 2nd hand Denon 1509 Which was voted best reciever 2009.. I think lol.

Anyway, has this 2 big questions. I was thinking to get AVR 1610 initially but got the older model 1509 instead. From what i understand, newer model like 1610 has 4 hdmis/1 out so if u connect 4 source to reciver, and only 1 hdmi cable is needed to connect to ur TV. Video quality will be upscaled? And digital audio DTS , dolby , blah blah works too. Pls correct me if i am wrong.

K now to the older model 1509, only 2hdmi/1 out. My plan is to connect my media player and xbox 360 via the hdmi slot of the 1509 reciver. K so question is... I will not be able to access eg media player video which has Video files and DTS, Dolby etc. I will NEED to do a optical audio cable from media player/xboxe360 to the reciever for audio to work. rite~?? \

Will appreciate if some senior can clear my doubts. Been researxching whole evening and still not too sure.. Head going to burst. Thx in advance first!!

Moz

From what i understand, newer model like 1610 has 4 hdmis/1 out so if u connect 4 source to reciver, and only 1 hdmi cable is needed to connect to ur TV. Video quality will be upscaled? And digital audio DTS , dolby , blah blah works too. Pls correct me if i am wrong.

Yes, you need only one HDMI out from the AVR to the TV. Video is not automatically upscaled. You have set the AVR to upscale.

K now to the older model 1509, only 2hdmi/1 out. My plan is to connect my media player and xbox 360 via the hdmi slot of the 1509 reciver. K so question is... I will not be able to access eg media player video which has Video files and DTS, Dolby etc. I will NEED to do a optical audio cable from media player/xboxe360 to the reciever for audio to work. rite~?? \

You question is not very clear, but let me answer what I think is your question.

If you have only 2 HDMI INs and both are taken up, you have to connect other sources through component, S-Video, and composite in that order. This is for the video part. For audio and to get full Dolby and DTS, you have to use a digital connection such as optical and/or co-axial.

Cheers

Hi I jus brought a 2nd hand Denon 1509 Which was voted best reciever 2009.. I think lol.

Anyway, has this 2 big questions. I was thinking to get AVR 1610 initially but got the older model 1509 instead. From what i understand, newer model like 1610 has 4 hdmis/1 out so if u connect 4 source to reciver, and only 1 hdmi cable is needed to connect to ur TV. Video quality will be upscaled? And digital audio DTS , dolby , blah blah works too. Pls correct me if i am wrong.

Will appreciate if some senior can clear my doubts. Been researxching whole evening and still not too sure.. Head going to burst. Thx in advance first!!

Moz

Your input video will be upscaled only if the receiver has the Upscaling feature. I suppose upscaling features starts from 1910 only.

Back