suggest audio system for hyundai i20

vprasad84

hi,

just a week back i got my hyundai i20 magna (petrol) & now i am looking to fit a good audio system :) Please suggest me best for a budget upto 25-30k max (gray is also fine to save cost). Default 2 speakers + 2 tweeters are included (may be of nippon). I need to install a player/amp/woofer, 2 speakers on rear doors & 2 speakers over the luggage tray on back. as of now i have below combination in my mind

Speakers
Pioneer TS-935H - 2990Rs each (2 units over rear parcel tray)
Pioneer - TS A935H 16 X 24 cm, 3-way Speaker (With Free Installation) - Buy Online @ Snapdeal.com

Pioneer TS-G614 - 1250 each (2 units in rear doors)
TS-G614 |

Subwoofer
JBL GT-X-1150-12 - 3350 Rs
JBL - GTX 1150W - 12'' Subwoofer (With Free Installation) - Buy Online @ Snapdeal.com

Subwoofer Enclose

Amplifier
JBL GT-X646 - 6850 Rs.
JBL - GT X646 - 800W 4Channel Power Amplifier (With Free Installation) - Buy Online @ Snapdeal.com

HU
Pioneer - FH X559UI - 7790 Rs.
Pioneer - FH X559UI CD Receiver (With Free Installation) - Buy Online @ Snapdeal.com

I am not sure if the above player would fit the player compartment (not sure of what size it is)

the default speakers i.e the ones in front doors i am planning to run them via player & rest 4 speakers will be powered by amp.

Please suggest if the above combo is fine & also provide your suggestions

Are there speakers fitted in the rear doors or on the parcel tray?

Remove the front speakers and get a set of good components. First see what size fits the front doors.

If there are no rear speakers already fitted use the front ones as rear fills. Get a decent 4 channel amp for the front components and the sub.

Pioneer and JBL could sound bright. In fact, it would.

You need to get a dash kit to fit an after market head unit. More importantly are any vehicle functions displayed on the stock HU? If yes, its back to the drawing board for you.

Are there speakers fitted in the rear doors or on the parcel tray?

Remove the front speakers and get a set of good components. First see what size fits the front doors.

If there are no rear speakers already fitted use the front ones as rear fills. Get a decent 4 channel amp for the front components and the sub.

Pioneer and JBL could sound bright. In fact, it would.

You need to get a dash kit to fit an after market head unit. More importantly are any vehicle functions displayed on the stock HU? If yes, its back to the drawing board for you.

hi shuv,

thanks for replying. Currently only 2 speakers & tweeters are factory installed. I am planning to buy 4 new for rear doors & for over tray. I am yet to check what would fitin. Would go to a shop to checkout what fits in.

please suggest me amp & speaker combo

Forget about the rear story. Lets keep you entertained for starters.

a) Get components for the front doors. 5.3/4" would fit in nicely I think. If there is space, go for 6.5". Price 6-10k. Try Bull Audio/Digital Designs/Rainbow E Line/Focal

b) The factory supplied speaker goes in the rear doors or the parcel shelf (depending on convenience, I personally am against mauling the stock looks of a car).

c) A decent HU with 2 pairs of pre-outs. Kenwood, Alpine, JVC are good options. 10k. A dash kit to integrate the new HU. 2k onwards, no idea honestly.

d) Damp the front doors properly. 4-5k.

Enjoy for the time being.

A good 4 channel amplifier that can drive a sub would cost 10k minimum. Factor in a good quality wiring kit and its 3k more. Sub would be 5k minimum with the enclosure. A sub means damping the rear parcel tray and the hatch lid.

I have in my i20 CRDi changed the audio system completely from the stock. I got the Pioneer 3200BT from US installed in the dual din slot with JL audio front components and rear coaxial with a 4 channel JBL amplifier only for the front components. All the speakers are installed in the original place in doors. Its the best system I have heard so far. My car is 2 year old and I did not damp it when I changed the audio system as i20 is very heavy/sturdy. But did the damping recently as I was hearing the rattling sound during slight higher volume.

Its not about the heft/strength of the sheet metal. Damping is possibly one of the cheapest tweaks you could do for your ICE. It makes a difference no matter how heavy or light a car door is. I'm not advocating extreme levels of damping. Two sheets/door should suffice.

Yes I agree that it is not about metal but when I meant sturdy it is actually the good damping that i20 provides in stock. When I changed the audio system immediately after purchasing the car the installer actually looked at the door damp and advised to first try out without any additional damping and I had to change the damping recently. May be the OP can first try out how the stock damping is in the car and can change it if he feels it not good as the damping for all the 4 doors will not cost more than 4k. In fact some owners from the teambhp have tried out the yoga mats for damping with very good results if somebody is interested in the DIY.

Hi

You can do the following ..

Get i20 dash kit and replace stock headunit with with Decent Music Player may be Kenwood 7016 - 3k + 10k

Get Focal Polyglass 6.5 inch component set if you like little attacking sound ( eg : trance or house music ) or get Rainbow Dreamline compos ... both costs about 11k .

You can get Kenwood 8405 / 8404 4 channel amplifier , not very powerful but very clean sounding . - 11.5k

Add Rainbow DL-S12 12" Subwoofer - 9k MRP

Gladen or Aiv RCA wires + Speaker cables and decent 4 gauge power cables

Damp the front doors and boot . - 7-8k

if you wish to add rear speakers , get anything basic and run it via headunit .

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back