Suggest best 55" LED TV

I was in the process of finalizing 55 inch TV within 120k from last month and took demo of various TV.
have finalized three TV for selection.
1. Sony 55x9000e
2. LG 55UJ752t
3 Samsung UE55MU7000
All costs between 110K to 130K.
After extensive demos, reviews and specifications consideration, final conclusion was...
Sony : Great picture quality,robust build, nice look, Android OS, Google assistants, HDR10,HLG, 1 yr warranty
Samsung : Good picture quality with average build, Tiazen OS, HDR10,HLG
LG : Good picture quality with above average build, nice look, WebOS, HDR10,HLG & DV. 1+1 yr warranty
Discarded Samsung from list due to average build, little exaggerated colours. ( My opinion please don't take it seriously).
Picture quality of Sony and LG was almost same or Sony perform well by just a little margin. Images on Sony are Punchy and crisped where as on LG are natural and eye pleasing. Vivid colours, Brightness and Black level on Sony are better than LG (but LG is not far behind). Already have Sony so more inclination toward Sony but also like LG as it is future proof. Dolby vision only available in higher version of Sony like x9300f/x9400f series x9300e/9400e will get upgrade but not for x9000e. In future Dolby vision and Dolby Atmos will be video and audio format of 4K/UHD blu ray movies. Dolby vision have noticeable improvement in video technology. Between Sony and LG , I need to sacrifice little on picture quality for DV if LG selected else have to sacrifice DV for picture quality. . Decision was very difficult. One fine day I went to near by place for some personal work. Fortunately, I park the car in front of one of the leading electronic showroom in Mumbai i.e. Kohinoor electronics. Just enters the showroom for demo as I have enough time. The salesman was an av enthusiastic person and immediately know my confusion between two TV. He immediately put two different pendrive contained same data in Sony x8500 series and LG UJ752 and compare both frame by frame from brightness, vivid colors, sharpness, image depth & processing, black level etc and it was an easy decision for me as Sony was leading in all departments but LG was not as such bad to avoid.
Few days back I have purchased Sony 55 inch x9000e LED TV from Reliance Digital and V Guard Digi 200 smart stabiliser from Amazon India. Yesterday I got the delivery of Sony TV and V Guard ( Rs. 4300/-). I got it for 125k with 2 years additional comprehensive warranty with option of adding 2 years more with additional 12k. Today get it installed and watch YouTube 4K HDR containts. Watching 4K HDR is a mesmerising experience. How far video technology has come compare to audio is debatable but certainly customer will enjoy home movie watching experience to the fullest.
Awesome.. Congrtz dude. Enjoy your tv :)
It looks Sony x9000E club keeps growing here.

It was a bit difficult task to choose between LG and Sony but at last quality wins over features. I am also thankful to Kohinoor electronics shop salesman who help me a lot to firmly take decision. By no means Samsung or LG bad . They are equally capable TV but I put my vote on Sony due to long relationship with Sony as a brand( 2 mini hifi system, 1 LED TV, 1 walkman), Previous Sony TV experience ( healthy 6 Yrs). Thanks to all FM for their support and suggestions.

If you bias light, it'll significantly improve the overall picture quality. And good for eyes too during night times.

Sony Bravia KD-55X9000E is out of stock from Reliance Digital, today i visited the store, can anyone suggest where should be available...

There is nothing wrong in buying a demo unit if it is offered to you @ 50% discount or more bcoz it will carry one year manufacturing warranty from the date of purchase.

Sony Bravia KD-55X9000E on Raipur Electronics & great Eastern i found that model, they provide best price at their end Rs.110000 & 114000.
But i confused is it demo unit or new.

I was also confused as it was written last piece so I bargain hard and got it for 125k with three years comprehensive warranty and additional 2 years warranty with additional cost of 12K.

I was also confused as it was written last piece so I bargain hard and got it for 125k with three years comprehensive warranty and additional 2 years warranty with additional cost of 12K.
My price also excluding extended warranty.

You can check my opinion on LG 55UJ752t in this thread. LG also equally capable TV, little inexpensive than Sony and with one year comprehensive and one year panel warranty. LG also come with Dolby Vision. This is the best alternative for X9000e. Sony x9000e is replaced with new f series so difficult to get , else go with existing deals....

55X9000f is near about 180000.very expensive model. How Many year's did you get warranty include extended warranty.

Go for 55X9300E rather than X9000F. It is over priced now. I guess it'll get the price cut down the year. However, it is not successor to the 2017 X9300E. It fall between 2017 9000E and 9000F. Only area it has improvement over the 9300E is motion handling. That also not night and day difference.

X9300E is far superior to X9000F in every aspects, both picture and sound quality. And not to mention the build quality.

Surely will get better deals on 55X9300E and also get the price significantly down than 9000F if negotiate harder. Most shops wanted to clear out their 2017 stock.

Check out these post :

https://www.hifivision.com/threads/plannng-to-buy-sony-55x9000e-rs-129000.69575/post-769318

https://www.hifivision.com/threads/plannng-to-buy-sony-55x9000e-rs-129000.69575/post-769258

Sony LED TV are always overpriced here. In Dubai most of LED TV are significantly cheaper than India. (Custom duty and airlines charges applicable extra) . Comparatively Philips and Panasonic LEDs are cheaper with good build and picture quality.

I didn't get actual warranty of your TV. Is this total five years warranty.

Actually comprehensive warranty one year with product, then additional two year comprehensive warranty included in 125K. ( Total 3 yrs) then I can extend to another 2 Yrs ( Total 5 Yrs) with additional cost of 12K.

Go for 55X9300E rather than X9000F. It is over priced now. I guess it'll get the price cut down the year. However, it is not successor to the 2017 X9300E. It fall between 2017 9000E and 9000F. Only area it has improvement over the 9300E is motion handling. That also not night and day difference.

X9300E is far superior to X9000F in every aspects, both picture and sound quality. And not to mention the build quality.

Surely will get better deals on 55X9300E and also get the price significantly down than 9000F if negotiate harder. Most shops wanted to clear out their 2017 stock.

Check out these post :

https://www.hifivision.com/threads/plannng-to-buy-sony-55x9000e-rs-129000.69575/post-769318

https://www.hifivision.com/threads/plannng-to-buy-sony-55x9000e-rs-129000.69575/post-769258
Any idea when the 55X9000f will be price down. Then I will wait & move to 9000F.

Any idea when the 55X9000f will be price down. Then I will wait & move to 9000F.
Last year (2017) 55X9000E launched above 2 lacs, but reduced to 129900/- in March 2018. So the price for 9000F will come down in 2019 ( may be in second quarter). At that time , sony will launch new 2019 line up, so seller will also sell last pieces at low price. So you will need to wait for another 1 year.

Don't think before last quarter of 2018. I observed their price get reduced to minimum in March and after that those models disappear. Sometimes unable to understand their logic behind prices. MRP of 55X8500 in sony site is Rs.184900, but in Sony store, they display price Rs154900, and after asking the price they say it's Rs139900 and can negotiate further.

Last edited:

As @forever.pramod mentioned, the launch price will get reduced to minimum in march. Thats called March Madness. Not only Sony, its applicable to all brands. Its the financial year end, so all the retail chain want to meet their sales target of the year by march end. Every consumer item will get sooper- dooper offer in march, even auto vehicles also.

Apart from the march offer, the festive season(Diwali) will see price cut with good deals.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back