Suggest best albums of few favourite singers

If you got net try this:
search in wiki for your fav artists. . It will give the genre for that artist. . . Click on that and you will get the names of best artists of that genre. . . Then get sample songs to check whether you like them. . .
Also you can get compilation albums of the genre you like to check out. Use google plus amazon.

Last edited:
The Katie Melua Collection album is not in stock of Amazon.com. But there are few used/new CDs of the same title available in Amazon site. Is it advisable to purchase from these sellers other than Amazon itself?

Absolutely! I usually tend to look at used CDs in excellent or very good condition. Have saved a fait bit of money that way

If you got net try this:
search in wiki for your fav artists. . It will give the genre for that artist. . . Click on that and you will get the names of best artists of that genre. . . Then get sample songs to check whether you like them. . .
Also you can get compilation albums of the genre you like to check out. Use google plus amazon.

hey thats a good piece of info jith

The Katie Melua Collection album is not in stock of Amazon.com. But there are few used/new CDs of the same title available in Amazon site. Is it advisable to purchase from these sellers other than Amazon itself?

Yeah, not an issue, but most of them do not offer shipping to India. Only Amazon does in some instances so check that out. Otherwise as suggested you can try a used CD too.

Its available on Amazon's UK site at The Katie Melua Collection (CD + BONUS DVD): Katie Melua: Amazon.co.uk: Music so this too is another option.

I have selected part of my final list of CDs (other than Indian Music - for which I am trying to prepare list separately) taking help from you guys and finally listening all the CDs sample audio in Amazon. It's a tedious job. The list is given below:

Pink Floyd
1. Final Cut
2. The Wall
3. The dark side of the moon
4. Wish you were here
5. Animals
6. Echoes: The best of Pink Floyd

Fourplay
1. Heartfelt

Alison Krauss
1. Alison Krauss & Union Station Live [LIVE]

Dire Straits
1. Brothers in arms
2. Dire Straits

Mark Knopfler
1. Screenplaying
2. Golden Heart
3. The Ragpickers Dream
4. Shangri-La

Richard Clayderman
1. Face To Face
2. Romantic Nights
3. 36 Favourite Piano Ballads The Solid Gold Collection

Roy Obrison
1. The Essential (Original recording remastered)

America
1. The Complete Greatest Hits

England Dan & John Ford Coley
1. The Very Best

Ketie Melua
1. The Ketie Melua Collection

Vienna Teng
1. Inland Territory

The other artistes, which I am yet to cover are Neil Diamond, Diana Krall, Donna Summer, Julio Iglesius, Carpenter, Bee Gees etc..

May please suggest their best albums.

Thanks
Amit

@AMITNOIDA - Add Robert Plant and Alison Krauss - Raising Sand, its an excellent album.

51U3t5hrneL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Also, Dire Straits - Sultans of Swing: The Very Best of Dire Straits

51lPLCgUGNL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

I will check the others from my collection and let you know my choice. Do listen to Diana Krall though cause I did not enjoy her that much.

Donna Summer - Bad Girls

41imo1dHZVL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Donna Summer - Endless Summer: Donna Summer's Greatest Hits

41D801M7F1L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Saturday Night Fever: The Original Movie Sound Track

410P6CZ9WJL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Whitney Houston - The Greatest Hits
51BPHOd0xrL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Neil Diamond - 20th Century Masters: The Best Of Neil Diamond

413KVJ0SQRL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Bee Gees - The Bee Gees - Their Greatest Hits: The Record

51KJIqt3nKL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

These I can recommend from my personal collection. Let me dig more into my collection and I will make more recommendations. Do check out Creedence Clearwater Revival too. They are just too good.

51WDNVN0RVL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Dire Straits - On Every Street. I would add this album too. Actually everything by Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler is a must IMHO. Brothers In Arms is the universal favorite, On Every Street is equally good if not better. The guitar work by Mark Knopfler is just as great, the singing more mellow, but great tunes nevertheless. The title track On Every Street is just brilliant, but takes time and repeated listenings before you appreciate Mark's pickings/pluckings on this track alone.

How about Wham/George Michael? Going by the artists/genres you've listed they would be great too.

where are you buying them frm? Any deals/discounts you are able to find?

deals
I have selected part of my final list of CDs (other than Indian Music - for which I am trying to prepare list separately) taking help from you guys and finally listening all the CDs sample audio in Amazon. It's a tedious job. The list is given below:

Pink Floyd
1. Final Cut
2. The Wall
3. The dark side of the moon
4. Wish you were here
5. Animals
6. Echoes: The best of Pink Floyd

Fourplay
1. Heartfelt

Alison Krauss
1. Alison Krauss & Union Station Live [LIVE]

Dire Straits
1. Brothers in arms
2. Dire Straits

Mark Knopfler
1. Screenplaying
2. Golden Heart
3. The Ragpickers Dream
4. Shangri-La

Richard Clayderman
1. Face To Face
2. Romantic Nights
3. 36 Favourite Piano Ballads The Solid Gold Collection

Roy Obrison
1. The Essential (Original recording remastered)

America
1. The Complete Greatest Hits

England Dan & John Ford Coley
1. The Very Best

Ketie Melua
1. The Ketie Melua Collection

Vienna Teng
1. Inland Territory

The other artistes, which I am yet to cover are Neil Diamond, Diana Krall, Donna Summer, Julio Iglesius, Carpenter, Bee Gees etc..

May please suggest their best albums.

Thanks
Amit

51WDNVN0RVL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

How about Wham/George Michael? Going by the artists/genres you've listed they would be great too.

Yes Moserw, you are absolutely right. I really liked Wham, specially 'wake me up'. Can you name few of his best albums. I couldn't listen to George Michael yesterday. I will listen to it today and let you know.

Thanks
Amit

Yes Moserw, you are absolutely right. I really liked Wham, specially 'wake me up'. Can you name few of his best albums. I couldn't listen to George Michael yesterday. I will listen to it today and let you know.

Thanks
Amit

George Michael was the lead singer of Wham and then went solo. If you like Wham then you should like George Michael too.

A couple you can start with are

Wham - The Best of Wham!: If You Were There...

31885QF6D9L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

George Michael - Ladies & Gentlemen: The Best of George Michael

41oyw-Cdg5L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Moserw, courtesy you, my CD list is increasing day by day. Now I like to purchase about 10 CDs out of them. I registered my name with Amazon. They are offering Amazon.com Reward Visa card with 30$ initial savings. Is it advisable to take it? If I take this Reward Visa Card, how I will make payment to it? My plan was to pay through my International Stanchart Mastercard credit card. Can you please guide me?

Today I listened to audio samples of 'Live in London' by Leonard Cohen. It's a 2 CD album. Cohen has a rich baritone voice and his songs contain different sides of life (love, sex, philosophy, soul) and his rich experience (he is 73 years of age). Have you listened to his songs? I immediately added this title to 'My Cart'.

Moserw, courtesy you, my CD list is increasing day by day. Now I like to purchase about 10 CDs out of them. I registered my name with Amazon. They are offering Amazon.com Reward Visa card with 30$ initial savings. Is it advisable to take it? If I take this Reward Visa Card, how I will make payment to it? My plan was to pay through my International Stanchart Mastercard credit card. Can you please guide me?

Today I listened to audio samples of 'Live in London' by Leonard Cohen. It's a 2 CD album. Cohen has a rich baritone voice and his songs contain different sides of life (love, sex, philosophy, soul) and his rich experience (he is 73 years of age). Have you listened to his songs? I immediately added this title to 'My Cart'.

Are you sure they are giving you the card? My understanding is that its only for U.S. citizens. If you're however getting it then go for it. USD 30 savings is good to start off with.

I've a couple of albums of Leonard Cohen. I enjoy these very much.

Leonard Cohen - The Best of Leonard Cohen

516M7H3KHDL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Leonard Cohen - More Best of Leonard Cohen

412ATRKJB0L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Check this guy out too...

Barry White - The Ultimate Collection

41EG9GRWXPL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

He has a rich baritone voice too and is one of my favorites.

Are you sure they are giving you the card? My understanding is that its only for U.S. citizens.

Moserw, you are correct. The card is for US Citizen only.

Today I have ordered following CDs from Amazon

1. Fourplay - Heartfelt
2. Richard Clayderman - Face To Face
3. England Dan & John Ford Coley - The Very Best
4. Vienna Teng - Inland Territory
5. Leonard Cohen - Live In London

And following CDs from Rhythm House Bby

1. Lionel Richie - The Definitive Collection
2. Supertramp - The Very Best Of Supertramp
3. Bee Gees - Their Greatest Hits - The Record
4. Eagles - The Very Best Of..

The delivered cost of Amazon CDs are almost double of the same from Rhythm House. Whether the SQ of Amazon CDs are really worth the double price?

Among my favourites I will collect the CDs of Carpenter, Pink Floyd, Dire Strait, Mark Knopfler etc. (the list is already made) over next few months..
It's just a humble begining.

Thanks
Amit

The delivered cost of Amazon CDs are almost double of the same from Rhythm House. Whether the SQ of Amazon CDs are really worth the double price?

Among my favourites I will collect the CDs of Carpenter, Pink Floyd, Dire Strait, Mark Knopfler etc. (the list is already made) over next few months..
It's just a humble begining.

Thanks
Amit

Unless you're buying CD's off Amazon with local shipping and have someone else carry them to India, it's not worth to go with Amazon. Unless you're looking for music that's totally offbeat (In the Indian context that includes anything not played on the music channels), you should be able to get them in India. Why don't you compile a list and check the online sites of Rhythm House and Landmark and also try visiting some of your local music stores. If there are lots on your list that are not available locally to you, I'd be glad to check them out for you in Chennai. If all else fails, then you could use the Amazon option...

P.S: BTW, there's a Landmark store in Gurgaon, which could be the best bet for you locally...

Like grubyhalo said I have mine delivered locally free of shipping charges to my either my sister or my SIL and then one of them brings them over or else my brother or me when we go travelling. Otherwise when I go travelling I pick them up abroad. I don't know about Delhi, but locally Hyderabad definitely sucks as there is no range/choice available. So I cannot compared whether Amazon is better than local because only Amazon has what I want. I've not tried other online shopping sources like Landmark etc. so cannot tell.

Locally bought CDs if they are imported will definitely have better SQ than the non-imported ones.

Can you please suggest best albums and excellent recorded CDs of Michael Borstlap and Kitaro?

Are they available anywhere in India? I have searched in Rhythmhouse and they are not available.

Hi guys,

Can some one give some input on the Direstraits?

And can u guys recommend me some albums in any genre with melody as emphasis which i can hear in my bedroom putting off all the lights?:) preferably with vocals.

cheers,
sri

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back