Suggest best albums of few favourite singers

Hai Srikarkav,

Making movies - Dire straights.

Listen to Fleetwood Mac - Tango in the night.
Alan Parsons Project - Vulture Culture.

Melody - The Brotherhood of man, and

The Beegees

N Murali.

Last edited:
Hi,

me and son went and bought
1.Timbaland-Shock Value
2.Westlife-Unbreakable-Vol-1
3Yuvan Hits
4 Album called Autograph by A R Rahman

cheers,
sri

Hi guys,

Can some one give some input on the Direstraits?

And can u guys recommend me some albums in any genre with melody as emphasis which i can hear in my bedroom putting off all the lights?:) preferably with vocals.

cheers,
sri

Sri - Any album by Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler is a must have. Most essential are Dire Straits - Brothers In Arms, Dire Straits - On Every Street, Dire Straits - Sultans Of Swing The Very Best Of Dire Straits, Mark Knopfler And Emmylou Harris - All The Roadrunning, Mark Knopfler - Golden Heart, Mark Knopfler - Shangri-La, Mark Knopfler And Chet Atkins - Neck And Neck, well the list can go on. But the first two albums Brothers In Arms & On Every Street are absolutely essential.

yup, totally agree on porcupine tree! been hearing them a lot of late after years of DT, rush, queensryche etc, and they really rock.. their melody is also quite amazing!
btw, awesome setup you have there!
how do you rate chickenfoot?

Thanks for the compliment raghunath. The Chickenfoot LP is really nice and I like the upbeat vibe throughout the whole album. However, its just good ol'fashioned rock and roll. I didn't hear anything groundbreaking or genre defining as my expectations were very high for this super group. I mean we have some of the biggest names in the industry with talent to back it up.

With the star lit roster, the album is mediocre in that respect. But if you do away with expectations and give it a non-biased listen, you'll have a great time with the album. The songs are very nice, but nothing really memorable.

All in all, still an excellent Rock LP to own ;)

If it means anything, I bought the CD first, and then just went ahead and purchased the LP.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back