Suggest best way to clean Bravia LCD HDTV

Hi,
I just bought a SONY BRAVIA 32 LCD HDTV? What kind of cloth and liquid should I use to clean the screen without destroying the screen coating or leaving scratches?

A good quality microfiber cloth. Available at all leading retail outlets. There is also a LCD cleaning liquid, which I have not yet tried.

Will wait for the gurus to comment further !

Hi,
I just bought a SONY BRAVIA 32 LCD HDTV? What kind of cloth and liquid should I use to clean the screen without destroying the screen coating or leaving scratches?

i use "cleanscreen" (solution + microfibre cleaning cloth) from audioquest - costs about 1.2k -VFM works well, no scratches. BTW whatever you use always use a lint free cloth - that is the mist important

First I remove the dust using Iball Mini Duster (Winkles).
It's an anti static duster, about 8" long and light grey coloured.
Cost about Rs. 175.00. Bought from Croma.

Then I use 3M "High performance cloth".
It's 8" x 8" - light blue coloured. 75% Polyester 25% Nylon.
Costs about Rs. 80.00. Bought from Food Bazar.

I carefully sprinkle few droplets of water on screen (if required) before wiping it clean.

Last edited:
Never Never use any solutions or dust removers on the screens. Use 2 micro fibre cloths. One to remoe the dust and the second - just dipped in warm water (it shoudl be damp rather than wet) to wipe out the TV.

Amazon.com: 3M Microfiber Lens Cleaning Cloth, Color May Vary, 1 Count: Health & Personal Care

These cloths are similar to the ones you get with the spectacles.

Also make sure you clean from one side to the other always (left to right or vice versa). Don't do it like you (or your teacher) did on the chalk boards.

Nice thing is that these cloths are washing machine washable as well.

Never Never use any solutions or dust removers on the screens. Use 2 micro fibre cloths. One to remoe the dust and the second - just dipped in warm water (it shoudl be damp rather than wet) to wipe out the TV.

Amazon.com: 3M Microfiber Lens Cleaning Cloth, Color May Vary, 1 Count: Health & Personal Care

These cloths are similar to the ones you get with the spectacles.

Also make sure you clean from one side to the other always (left to right or vice versa). Don't do it like you (or your teacher) did on the chalk boards.

Nice thing is that these cloths are washing machine washable as well.

thanks loads for the suggestion. fortunately i never have had to use liquid on my LCD. and most of the deposits on the panel are basically dust and nothing too strong or sticky. and my lint free cloth has been serving me well so far.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back