Suggest Good Blu Ray Player for My Onkyo AV receiver

Welcome to the forum! Thank you for joining.
Good luck with your Blue Ray player search.

Regards.

Just to let you know, Stocks of Bluray players seem to be dwindling. A search in Amazon can tell. It is either going to become a Niche soon, or just vanish, considering streaming has grown rapidly. But yes, nothing beats the quality of Bluray (Even full HD) with full quality sound. Pioneer BDP 180 seems to be a good one currently.

Just to let you know, Stocks of Bluray players seem to be dwindling. A search in Amazon can tell. It is either going to become a Niche soon, or just vanish, considering streaming has grown rapidly. But yes, nothing beats the quality of Bluray (Even full HD) with full quality sound. Pioneer BDP 180 seems to be a good one currently.

Agreed bro.. I think in coming 3-4 yrs.. Online streaming for movie's will rapidly boom..

Because the player suddenly stops itself. After restart again the same is happening

There are many players out there........ranges start from 5000 onwards and can run into lakhs...

All depends on what connectivity and features you want........ the Pioneer BDP 450 and BDP LX 55 were good models in 2011/2012 and still hold a good record in terms of performance....they dont have any fancy features of wifi etc.....just perform exceptionally well like how a Blu Ray player should. I used these models for a good 5 years + then traded up to a pre owned Oppo 103.......

If you are not interested much in features like wifi etc....this is one of the best players out there....

If you want 4k and other features then Oppo and the latest models of Panasonic / Sony etc...... Some of these players have audio codec limitations when playing content from HDD...so read all details before purchasing.......see Youtube videos to get an idea and end user feedback about playback capability with the latest formats.........

All depends on your budget, more folks are moving towards online content and are settling for a simple CD player to play Audio.....movies all are being streamed....so you may have a good chance to get a nice flagship BR player for a good steal rate.....that is if you are ready to purchase a pre owned one.

There are some Panasonic and Sony models available from 20-30k. 4K BDP.

Panasonic ub400.
Sony x700.

with 50k budget , you can go for marantz ud7007 ...check the forum for posts about the same ...u can PM those who are using it for specific info about the same ....check google reviews

I'm assuming you've tried fixing it? Firmware upgrade? If it still doesn't work, there are plenty of choices. I would suggest starting with our 'for sale by owner' thread...recently saw plenty of nice BDPs being sold...

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back