Suggest good bookshelf speakers for music

I think more suggestions for QA 3020i. At amazon they are out of stock. I have read somewhere that QA3020i lack somewhat in bass. If there isnt difference in sound lx2 and others then lx2 is costing just half then others.
At hifimart cost of monitor audio 100 increased to 40k from initial 26k when I have seen. My inclination to other speakers just due to their woofer size of 6-1/2 inch. But dont know about exact sound that actually matters than size.
Is it worthwhile to speand 26k for 3020i than 15k for lx2?

For under 30k and your choice of music, you cannot go wrong with the Polk Rti A3 BS. Pre-owned NAD amp would pair very well.

Which monitor audio 100 are u referring to? Silver 100? Not sure if u will get it in your stated budget.
At that price point Qacoustic concept 20 is a great option.
personally, i don't like the Concept lineup too much but obviously its a subjective choice. Its a bit too bright to my ears (i have a concept centre). this is why i prefer the plain jane and vanilla 3020i much better than the concept 20 as they are much better rounded with no particular frequency standing out (which makes it much less polarising)> don't get me wrong though, the detail retrieval of the 3020i is right up there but the concept 20 makes treble more distinct because of the aforementioned character that i mentioned.

Budget 30-35K or lower. If its a good deal and worth buying than I may extend the budget.
amp is Pioneer a88x (120W+120W)
whats your opinon on Monitor Audio 100?
If the budget is 35K, I'd recommend the 3030i over the 3020i because they add that extra octave of bass which is missing from the 3020i and makes for a much more rounded experience (the sonic signature is exactly the same except you get more of everything and won't run out of steam when you crank the volume). Another contender would be the Wharfedale Diamond 225 (around 27K) if you like a warmer sound signature, albeit at the loss of some detail.

Last edited:
For under 30k and your choice of music, you cannot go wrong with the Polk Rti A3 BS. Pre-owned NAD amp would pair very well.
Why not go the PSB Alpha P3 or P5 route for under 30K? i have only heard praise about them and personally, i think the Polk Audio Rti series is getting a little long in the tooth and are outdone by these newer generation of speakers for the same price. A good speaker will always remain good no matter what but I believe as time goes by, you can do better for the price unless the older speaker price goes down commensurately which would then make them a good deal (I got myself a pair of Boston Acoustics A26 for 14K which i think was a steal deal for a very good speaker; probably not if it was priced any higher).

Hi, Have you heard the NAD C275BEE power amp or for that matter, any other NAD amplifier in the 80k-150k price range? (not the Master series though as i understand they are very good but i can't afford them so no point judging their lower price amplifiers on the basis of their higher end offerings)... I am planning on getting one but I have never heard them so basically i'm going in blind (its a high asking price so opinions would really help make up my mind) and there are very few reviews out there. Would really appreciate the input

Hi, Have you heard the NAD C275BEE power amp or for that matter, any other NAD amplifier in the 80k-150k price range? (not the Master series though as i understand they are very good but i can't afford them so no point judging their lower price amplifiers on the basis of their higher end offerings)... I am planning on getting one but I have never heard them so basically i'm going in blind (its a high asking price so opinions would really help make up my mind) and there are very few reviews out there. Would really appreciate the input
I have had the NAD 356 Bee for long. Rock solid amps. Sounded great with Polk A7. There were a few different NADs for sale here.

Q3020i or Q3030i both are good speakers for the price point, these speakers have won whathifi awards. better to have Audition before purchase it.

Willing to sell? :p ;)
On a serious note, where did you get this deal? Still available?
I was lucky enough to get it from Amazon for 7K a piece (they are sold in single units) back in 2018. In fact, i got my Marantz PM6006 for 26K and Yamaha NS Sw300 for 26.5K from Amazon as well. Hifimart had them for 15K at that point of time as well. sadly they ran out. I'm still kicking myself about not getting the Boston Acoustics M centre for 13K when it was in stock with hifimart a couple of years back!

I read somewhere that the concept 20 uses similar drives as the 3020i, the only difference mentioned is the construction of the cabinet, which they say give an improved sound. Not heard the concept yet, so can't comment on it myself.
rather, its the other way around. The Concept 20 used the gel core cabinet which trickled down and was implemented in the 3010i to 3050i series of speakers. But the outer cabinet finishing of the Concept series is far superior (uses a very nice gloss black or white finish) to that of the 3000i line up so for pure looks, my vote goes to the concept series.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back