BIc V80
Jamo 210
Thonet and Vander SW10

Leaving out the Pioneer and Polk.

25-30K range
Velodyne Impact 10
Bic V1020
Wharfedale SW150
Given my room size and current speakers (Monitor Audio BR2) which claim to go down to 42 Hz, I think I have to go for at least for 10 inch sub..So thinking of extending the budget to around 25-27K.
Please suggest some good ones in that range

Having heard bic america f12 which is still expensive @34k presently my vote would go to bic v1020
But i have not heard velodyne impact 10 and so cannot comment. However velodyne subs are considered as one of the best you can get. If possible go for an audition and decide.

The Sonodyne Roar 210 is available at 23.5K here ...
Specs look good.. so makes sense to add to the shortlist.

But the warranty is only for one year?
Sounds a bit less to me when the other manufacturers are offering much longer warranty periods.

What is the experience of people regarding the reliability of Sonodyne speakers/subs?

Polk PSW 110 is out for me..din't like whatever it produces.

Right now, the shortlist -
BIC V1020
Velodyne impact 10
Wharfedale SW150
Monitor Audio MRW10
Taga harmony SW10
Sonodyne Roar 210.

Based on the reviews, I am leaning towards BIC V1020/Wharfedale SW150.
But, the Taga has the best specs among all.
Will try to go for some auditions.
Meanwhile, some feedback about these subs will be very helpful.

Hello,

Any update on this? What did u finally get? I'm looking for a sub too in your same budget.

Thanks.

Hi

BIC America seems to be the only brand offering 5+ years warranty...rest offer 2-3 years...

Audition is the key....check the specs of the speakers you use and accordingly buy a sub which caters to lower frequencies...(than your speakers).

Decided, I need a sub to compliment my polk tsx440 floorstanders. I have a budget of max about 20-22k. I have read pretty decent reviews about the Polk PSW125 and probably would match the towers too I'm guessing. Any other options out there?

This is a interim phase. The floorstanders would give way eventually to a pair of Elac B6 bookshelves.

Thanks as always!

Hi,

The towers u have deliver 40-45hz as the lowest frequency..

To enjoy movie effects and low bass notes, you need to go for a sub that can deliver as low as 22hz - 24hz...

10 or 12 inch woofers can do this...if ported designed then more lower the frequency.

BIC America make decent subs and the F12 or H100ii are truly commendable for great performance for movies, music and gaming..not forgetting the 5 yrs + warranty....

I can't find a single dealer of BIC America :-(

So what would the options be now,if not the Polk?

Hi,

Avenue Sound is the dealer for BIC America...

If you want to save some budget, pre owned with 5+ years warranty BIC america speakers available on Hi Fi ads...

Amazing thanks for that.

The F12 and the H100ii are definitely out of budget.

The V1020 is in range. So anyone used this sub? The specs seem really good!

Hi
I am using Sonodyne Roar 210 for 5 years, it sounds good to me. Good Bass. No issues so far.
Check this sub, it may come with in your budget.

Aadi007, what did u finally get?

I will buy a sub on Wednesday, since I'm currently out of town.

My options are

1. Polk PSW550
2. Wharfdale diamond SW150
3. Polk PSW125
4. Jamo 210
5. Kef C4

These are my options in the 15-30k budget I think.

Have left out the BIC and sonodyne because can't get audition.

What do u guys think? After reading a lil bit,I'm inclined towards the wharfdale first, kef second and the Polk 550 third.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back