Suggest High end home theater ~ 15 lakhs?

The 4K projectors are rarely genuinely 4K. They are more like 2K with capabilities to play 4K encoded data. And they are too expensive for their capabilities. At least in India.

The new SUHD TV screens from companies such as Samsung, LG are worth looking at. Unless your plan to set up a cinema hall at home, 65-80 inches is more than enough for 2 to 4 people. A 65K SUHD should be available for close to 300-400K.

I would rather spend the money on room acoustics, carpeting, etc. Depending upon the rooms size, a 200 watts per channel AVR with Atmos capability linked to sensitive speakers would suffice. Should go a bit overboard on power as I have seen most AVRs buckle under pressure.

Cheers
True. The epson and jvc projectors are far from perfect. But they'll be able to handle 4k inputs and it'll do for now. Sony has true 4k but its too expensive for now.
Big screen is a must. 4k TVs are out of the question [emoji1]
I'm thinking of getting the epson now as it's cheaper and i can upgrade it in a few years when the tech gets much cheaper

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I would suggest not powering all 11 channels through that receiver. Look at its power draw, its around 585 watt max. Now minus preamp section, minus loss (at least 40%) and very little power output to speakers. The dynamics will not be as good and midbass will suffer. If I were you, I would rather buy mrx720 and put that extra saving to external amp. 1120 and 720 have all identical specs in other respects.

Another interesting receiver is Arcam 550. It has Dirac live room correction. If 11 channel amp is criteria, then denon 6300 also have it
Great point! I was thinking about the same thing. 11 channels on a avr would be demanding on the limited power output
Best thing would be to with processor and amps combination but this will cost me 6 to 7 lakhs vs 3 lakhs for the mrx1120
I'm willing to go upto 4 lakh on the avr if it'll really make a difference
Should i go for avr with amps? Mrx 1120 and another amp to power the main channel?
I'm not sure about this option. Should read more on this. Don't know enough to decide

I would recommend a combination of external amp and avr. The transformer in Anthem avr look weak at 585 watt draw compared to even demon 7200's 780 watt. Arcam 550 has it at 1500 watt. Read up on MRx720. I quickly glanced at its specs and those looked exactly same as 1120. You can use the savings and put toward an external amp. Not sure what's available in India, but you need some rated output with multiple speakers driven at same time. Avr are usually rated with 2 channels driven.

Hi You have a Royal budget (in my view) for your HT setup ,
In case of AVR My preference will be as follows
Anthem MRX 1120/720
Denon x7200
Marantz SR7010
Pioneer LX series
Yamaha Aventage RX-A3050
All above with external amp if required .

In case of Pre Pros setup check the below one
Trinnov altitude 32
3D Sound | Trinnov Audio

Steinway & Sons Model P200
Model P200 Surround Sound Processor

Anthem AVM 60 11.2-Channel Pre/pro

Emotiva XMC 1 - Gen3( which is expected to be available from early 2017)
https://emotiva.com/products/pres-and-pros/xmc-1

Marantz AV8802 AV Processor

I have just highlighted the high end products ,but no personal experience on them ,since you are having a very good budget ,be patient and explore various products and get best VFM product out of that.

Hi You have a Royal budget (in my view) for your HT setup ,
In case of AVR My preference will be as follows
Anthem MRX 1120/720
Denon x7200
Marantz SR7010
Pioneer LX series
Yamaha Aventage RX-A3050
All above with external amp if required .

In case of Pre Pros setup check the below one
Trinnov altitude 32
3D Sound | Trinnov Audio

Steinway & Sons Model P200
Model P200 Surround Sound Processor

Anthem AVM 60 11.2-Channel Pre/pro

Emotiva XMC 1 - Gen3( which is expected to be available from early 2017)
https://emotiva.com/products/pres-and-pros/xmc-1

Marantz AV8802 AV Processor

I have just highlighted the high end products ,but no personal experience on them ,since you are having a very good budget ,be patient and explore various products and get best VFM product out of that.

Good suggestions given from rajithkumar.
my humble advise to siddhartha.saive: From all options, depending on your application - pls also keep the speakers you intend to pair in mind. you have good budget, so take help of some good consultant who will guide you in correct fashion. better to get right solution than just go about doing this in haphazard fashion. you should ensure that you get the best set-up that will keep you happy for an appreciable long period of time.

Hi there, This is Vijay from Chennai just passively viewing some of the threads. As mentioned earlier by some other peers I would really accept the fact that for the budget please move forward from the basic brands.

As the recent commentor Ranjithumar specifies, I accept on all the facts except the Trinnov for the complexity they're equipped with specifically configuring the speakers for DTS:X & Auro formats.

If I were you with the budget & considering the acoustic adjustments in the room of 22'x14', I would move on with the Anthem MRX-1120 for a 7.1.4 setup along with my all time favourite B&W CT 7.3 theatre setup :eek:hyeah:

For the Visuals I would stick on with SONY HW50ES projected on a stewart filmscreen fed by any decent 4k Bluray Player.

This will only suit me for the movie experience, but I will integrate a separate pre/pro DAC & DIP for the music setup which can run parallely seeking the inputs from a HTPC. On the stereo I would grab a nicely broken 803D2 (Which are relatively cheaper in the market, due to D3 :)) from any known audiophile

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back