Suggest High end home theater ~ 15 lakhs?

Where did you audition Focal and MK in Hyderabad? If you could give respective price quotes it'll be helpful for everyone.

By the way, the whole Luxury amenities market has been paralyzed due to Demonetization, even the tone of hifi audio dealers in Hyderabad has changed to a more customer friendly level. Those who wouldn't be ready for Demos, are coming forward for arranging the same. Seems like it is a good time to audition and buy.
Focal is available with Vector systems and MK with The Audio people. Both are located at Jubilee Hills

One thing to remember is that speakers designed to THX specs (MK 150) may not sound great for music. I haven't heard the MK 150 myself but going by reviews, it seems it isn't easy for any of these others speakers to beat the MK in movie configuration. If i were you, it would take a hell lot to make me overlook the MK
Exaclty the reason i want to demo them again before i decide
But in this budget I'm not sure if the mk 950 or 150 is better than the focal arias

I was using M K Sound speakers with Denon AVR and SVS subwoofer. Sound reproduction was reference quality. I would suggest this combination.

(1) TOTL AVR from Denon/Onkyo/Marantz. Or Lexicon Preprocessor+Power amp if budget permits.
(2) M K Sound speakers for all channels.
(3) SVS subwoofer.
(4) Canare cabling throughout.
(5) 4K projector from Epson.
(6) Dalite motorized screen
(7) Oppo TOTL Bluray player

With all this, you may slightly overrun your budget but what you will have will be a completely up to date reference class theater.

Which model for MK sound

I was using M K Sound speakers with Denon AVR and SVS subwoofer. Sound reproduction was reference quality. I would suggest this combination.

(1) TOTL AVR from Denon/Onkyo/Marantz. Or Lexicon Preprocessor+Power amp if budget permits.
(2) M K Sound speakers for all channels.
(3) SVS subwoofer.
(4) Canare cabling throughout.
(5) 4K projector from Epson.
(6) Dalite motorized screen
(7) Oppo TOTL Bluray player

With all this, you may slightly overrun your budget but what you will have will be a completely up to date reference class theater.
Hi @ranjeetrain
I'm very interested in your exact same setup. Either MK 950 or 150 or Focal aria for now.. with svs subwoofers.

Can you share your setup details? Which mk series do you have and which svs model? Your avr ? Can you share the price you got them at? Will be very helpful for me to decide!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Looks like an amazing option! Have to call audire in chennai for a quote. One sb 16 ultra sub vs two sb 13 ultra ?

It has got a huge 8 inch voice coil when the industry norm is 3.5 to 4 inch.

I checked the video of the 16 series and even with my crappy computer speakers, I could make out that the SVS 16 is amazing. The problem is the shipping and customs which could be a killer.

I am sure one 16 series is more than equal to two 13 series, though that is my opinion.

Let me search the video for you and link and you can check it. (boy is it huge or what?)

Got it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKOe7uA3968

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rU9RyUzqCj0

Last edited:
Check everything and take your own sweet time. Do not hurry. It is a once in a lifetime investment. Whatever you buy, make sure the electronics are something that you can upgrade to a certain extent. Things like speakers should be such that you are willing to live a lifetime with them with no regrets. Make sure that you get the fundamentals like cabling right. Please do not scrimp on them. Always make extra provisions in terms of cabling, run two wires for the same cable so that if one is not working, you can change over to the standby cable until you can get the cabling checked. These are some things that came to my mind as I typed. Also make sure that it is a system that the entire family enjoys, so ease of operation should be one of the goals. There are many others but these are the ones that came to mind.

Sorry, if you feel that I am ranting.

Check everything and take your own sweet time. Do not hurry. It is a once in a lifetime investment. Whatever you buy, make sure the electronics are something that you can upgrade to a certain extent. Things like speakers should be such that you are willing to live a lifetime with them with no regrets. Make sure that you get the fundamentals like cabling right. Please do not scrimp on them. Always make extra provisions in terms of cabling, run two wires for the same cable so that if one is not working, you can change over to the standby cable until you can get the cabling checked. These are some things that came to my mind as I typed. Also make sure that it is a system that the entire family enjoys, so ease of operation should be one of the goals. There are many others but these are the ones that came to mind.

Sorry, if you feel that I am ranting.
You are right. I am taking time to make sure I'm investing in the speakers that are worth it and I'll like listening to.
Going with the Anthem MRX 1120 as its future proof. It is the only avr available which can amplify 11 channels. The top models of Denon/ marantz/ yamaha can only do 9 channels but they support 11 if we add another 2 channel amplifier. All these will support dtsx though which might be the go-to tech of the future.
Good tip on the extra wiring. Will keep that in mind

I'm gonna demo focal aria 926 and mk 150 today again. Any opinions on these speakers are welcome

[QUOTE I'm gonna demo focal aria 926 and mk 150 today again. Any opinions on these speakers are welcome[/QUOTE]

I auditioned mk150 few years back and was really spell-bound to say the least! And settled for mk750 as thought 150 might be overkill for my room/need.

All the best!

So i demoed the focal aria 926 and the mk 150 again. I have decided to go with the focals!
The focal aria 926 sounded better to me and easily beat the mks in music playback. I was quite satisfied and wanted to stay longer and listen more! I like the bass response with the focal better too. The mk sounded a little lack lustre to me.. too neutral.

So my choice for the setup so far.. 7.2.4
Focal aria 926 speakers
Anthem MRX 1120 AVR

Epson or jvc simulated 4K projector?

Subwoofers- two SVS ultra sb16???

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

The 4K projectors are rarely genuinely 4K. They are more like 2K with capabilities to play 4K encoded data. And they are too expensive for their capabilities. At least in India.

The new SUHD TV screens from companies such as Samsung, LG are worth looking at. Unless your plan to set up a cinema hall at home, 65-80 inches is more than enough for 2 to 4 people. A 65K SUHD should be available for close to 300-400K.

I would rather spend the money on room acoustics, carpeting, etc. Depending upon the rooms size, a 200 watts per channel AVR with Atmos capability linked to sensitive speakers would suffice. Should go a bit overboard on power as I have seen most AVRs buckle under pressure.

Cheers

I would suggest not powering all 11 channels through that receiver. Look at its power draw, its around 585 watt max. Now minus preamp section, minus loss (at least 40%) and very little power output to speakers. The dynamics will not be as good and midbass will suffer. If I were you, I would rather buy mrx720 and put that extra saving to external amp. 1120 and 720 have all identical specs in other respects.

Another interesting receiver is Arcam 550. It has Dirac live room correction. If 11 channel amp is criteria, then denon 6300 also have it

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back