1 sub

Budget : As least as possible. Now post your suggestions. :clapping:

kef
polk
wharfdale
sonodyne
paradigm

demo all.:D

wharfedale diamond 9 and sonodyne both very attaractive price...

Last edited:
kef
polk
wharfdale
sonodyne
paradigm

demo all.:D

wharfedale diamond 9 and sonodyne both very attaractive price...

I will of course demo all , but before I do anything, I want to be sure about my budget lines, how far it goes. :sad:
So, lets build the system and pricing here and then lets go Kolkata . :clapping:

well i suggest as all suggests to buy step by step to get the best and solid system.
now get a pair of fronts.
buy sub later,centre later,surrounds later.

so you can easily buy a higher avr also.

say 2113 for 42k
a pair of wharefdale diamond 9 for 39k......
sonodyne is very cheap..there is a thraed about sonodyne price..sorry forgot it.
20k for floorstanders i think...
polk do have floorstaners at 35k...

What is your budget?
You can start with the following:
polk TSi400 FS - will be around 26k-27k a pair
warf 9.5 FS - around 34k a pair
CS - Lot of options. around 8k-10k. You will get warf 9cs for that price.
sub - velodyne impact 10 around 23k or velodyne impact 12 around 26k. You can try waft SW-150 around 21k.

Again there are plenty of options. All you have to do is audition and believe your ears

I think, that would be pretty less to start with and get satisfied.

Lets say, 2 bookshelf speakers, 2 floor standers, 1 center , 1 sub.

How about Sonodyne Bookshelf, floorstanders, center and sub ? What budget are we looking at ?

2 front---may be boojk shelf may be floorstander....
1 centre
2 rear/surround---may be normal bookshelf/dipole
1 sub

sonodyne is highly value for money indian stuff.
similar quality ''foren'' stuff is at least 50% to 70% extra price....but before buy a demo is highly required to check whether satifying or not.
however for sub a velodyne may be better....or more costly svs...

also for demo original dvds or blu ray disk or original audio cds are highly neccesary....
see some scenes in your present system repetedly.....and check in time of demo whether those same scenes are amazing you or not.....

I just the shopkeepers are patient enough to show those FREE demos.

Because I already have bad experience in the past, when the shopkeeper asked me "Kab lena hai ? Jab lena hai, aap aake demo dekh lijiye.."

If you have proper hi-fi shops responding in that manner then you are in a tough position. One tends to see that kind of attitude amongst shops selling the HTiBs from Sonys and Samsungs of the world, not the component systems.

dont worry...harmonie audio alipore,sonodyne listning room south city mall,profx gariahat.....are proffessional enough to demo you in a proper manner....
and promises theatre road is the oldest and most trusworthy hi fi shop in kolkata....
so relax about demo.
yes you confirm that what exact stuffs are avilable for demo..thats important.

I checked last month. Great eastern at Dalhousie, Kolkata was quoting around 76K for 50UT50 and around 91K for 50ST50 (they did not have ST50 at that time and informed that it would be around 15K costlier than UT50).

I checked Panasonic showroom at Dhakuria, Kolkata as well. They provided the most expensive quotation among all shops I visited. :)

Please note that this is last month's offer I am talking about. Panasonic was offering printer+scanner worth 10K (MRP) with both the above mentioned models.

I checked last month. Great eastern at Dalhousie, Kolkata was quoting around 76K for 50UT50 and around 91K for 50ST50 (they did not have ST50 at that time and informed that it would be around 15K costlier than UT50).

I checked Panasonic showroom at Dhakuria, Kolkata as well. They provided the most expensive quotation among all shops I visited. :)

Please note that this is last month's offer I am talking about. Panasonic was offering printer+scanner worth 10K (MRP) with both the above mentioned models.

I got my printer delivered as well. Awesome laser printer and super awesome tv.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back