Suggest Speakers for new Atmos home theatre

Sandipbarik

After much reading and online reviewing I have fixed on the Yamaha RXV 685 receiver
And the subwoofer that I have in mind is SVS PB1000 ( but I'm open to suggestions )

My room size 12x12x11 (H)

My local dealer suggested me:
L/R : Yahama NS-333 bookshelf or NS-F160 towers
Cen: Yamaha NS-C444
Surround: have not decided ( please suggest )
In cealing/Atmos: Yamaha NS-IC800 ( these are 8ohms, won't they have any issue with the rest 6ohms setup )

My budget is about Rs.1.8 L

I would request our forum experts to suggest me, if there are any better alternatives or bang for buck solution within my budget, or is this setup good enough.

I was trying to get Klipsch speakers but they are so overpriced In India that their US stores, is the price difference really worth it ??

Thanks

Apart from the setup, do read about sound in a cuboid room which your room, unfortunately, very nearly is.

Actually after precise measurement it is 11x12x10.5 (H)

Hi sandip...

Your room size is perfect for a sat+sub combination.. any thing bigger than those, and we run the danger of over powering bass. Lots of good options in this category. Recently one of our forum members bought elac cinema system with a marantz AVR, and is reportedly very happy with the combination.

I personally used to use a Qacoustics q7000i system in my 14x11 feet room, and was very pleased with their performance. I would safely guess that you probably won't need more. All the best :)

Subwoofer you can also look at xtz 10.17 or the 12.17.Bic pl 200-ii for the economical route. For Atmos you can also shortlist the svs prime elevation as they are amazing for Atmos. Speakers you can also check the q acoustics, Dali zensor series. Dali also has ceiling speakers which will be excellent for Atmos as they have settings for wide dispersion.

My budget is about Rs.1.8 L

if there are any better alternatives or bang for buck solution within my budget, or is this setup good enough.

Sure.. There are always bang for buck solutions, Taga Harmony Platinum series..

was trying to get Klipsch speakers but they are so overpriced In India that their US stores, is the price difference really worth it ??

Ditch Klipsch :p

For a pair of Klipsch Bookshelf RP 160 (60K), you can defnetly do a lot more in that budget..

Reg subs, dual is better.. Please do read on the benefits of dual sub, and if that is convincing, you may settle for a brand that appeals to you..

Sure.. There are always bang for buck solutions, Taga Harmony Platinum series..

Ditch Klipsch

For a pair of Klipsch Bookshelf RP 160 (60K), you can defnetly do a lot more in that budget..

Reg subs, dual is better.. Please do read on the benefits of dual sub, and if that is convincing, you may settle for a brand that appeals to you..

So does the taga harmony sound better than the yamaha's ? I have not auditioned them anywhere so have no clue.
As for dual subs, I'm afraid I don't have that much space

Also is my room size good for book shelves for fronts or towers ? My listening position will be 9-10 ft from the speakers

Thanks for the replies everyone

So does the taga harmony sound better than the yamaha's ? I have not auditioned them anywhere so have no clue.

Try to take a demo in you city / town for impression on the product..

As for dual subs, I'm afraid I don't have that much space

Ok. in that case, you can settle for single one..

Also is my room size good for book shelves for fronts or towers ? My listening position will be 9-10 ft from the speakers

When a sub can do the duty for lows, a FS aren't effectively used.. In that regard, a BS, preferably a wall mountable one is good..

To know which sounds better you need to check them with your ears. Every one has different taste and preferences. So what sounds good to us may not sound good to you. FM’s can advise and suggest you models available for your budget but deciding which is good and better is up to you.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back