Suggestion: buy Bluetooth adapter

krishna.adhikari

Hi Hifi gurus

Need some gyan. I am planning to buy the bose Bluetooth adapt

The reason is that I want to be able to connect my system through BT.

I have a marantz pm5005 paired with wharfedale 220.

The reason I am planning on buying BT adaptor is that my wife needs to connect her phone + guests who come over want to play their music

I am also planning to buy a chromecast audio. This is to play radio stations.

Is the bose a good buy as the belkin HD adapter is going to cost the same.

Your help and suggestions would be much appreciated.

Sent from my Coolpad 8297L-I00 using Tapatalk

i've a Belkin BT receiver. this one : http://www.belkin.com/in/p/P-F8Z492/
i had bought it out of excitement long back but hardly used it. sound quality takes a hit with this - not comparable even to Aux-In. but for a casual listening as you've mentioned should work just fine.
not sure what 'HD' they've incorporated in the new device though.

Last edited:
Hi Hifi gurus

The reason I am planning on buying BT adaptor is that my wife needs to connect her phone + guests who come over want to play their music

I have the chromecast 2. The audio quality is pretty kickass.

Hi Hifi gurus

Have you considered this one: Logitech Bluetooth Audio Adapter - Rs.1,120.00

MaSh

Not sure you need Bluetooth adapter if you are planning on a Chromecast Audio.

All smartphones have WiFi and can just as easily cast or stream to the CCA instead of the BT adapter. The SQ will be better too.

If you are purchasing Chromecast audio no need for Bluetooth, plus audio quality for chromecast audio will be much much better than BT

Chromecast audio is good enough if you use wifi. Other options are also available. I use the MerLin wifi DAC cum wireless optical reciever which is connected to my DAC via toslink.

Guys bought the bose BT adapter. Thanks for the help

I have a quick question should I buy chromecast

I bought the BT adapter as family and friends want to listen to music whenever they come visit. BT is convenient don't need to share WiFi password with everyone

Would chromecast make a huge difference to my experience?

Appreciate the help

I have the logitech one, it's horrible.
Even an aux out of my phone performs better.
To answer your question, anything would be better than these BT adapters. The sound quality takes a serious hit.

I bought the BT adapter as family and friends want to listen to music whenever they come visit. BT is convenient don't need to share WiFi password with everyone

Appreciate the help

You should give a thought to the suggestions:):). Chromecast has a "Guest" mode where you do not even need to be connected to a home network wifi. Just open the app on your mobile (for music or movie that has chromecast support) and click on chromecast icon, it will ask for a guest pin (that your chromecast displays on your TV.) and connect to it. Your friends and family do not need to know your wifi password. BT is the most pathetic way to play music. Sorry but that's the truth.

And BTW I have the Belkin BT adapter and HTC BT Adapter as well

Last edited:

Appreciate the help

Yes a huge difference in audio quality if you are streaming lossless like FLAC, WAV, etc.

It also has a ton of apps for everything from music, news, podcasts, etc. These run into 1000s and your guests can use their own smartphones to stream to Chromecast.

In addition it has a decent DAC that outperforms all Bluetooth speakers and sound docks though its preferred to use via Toslink to an external DAC.

Even at $35 and for the lot more it does, its still a lot cheaper than most Bluetooth adapters.

You should give a thought to the suggestions:):). Chromecast has a "Guest" mode where you do not even need to be connected to a home network wifi. Just open the app on your mobile (for music or movie that has chromecast support) and click on chromecast icon, it will ask for a guest pin (that your chromecast displays on your TV.) and connect to it. Your friends and family do not need to know your wifi password. BT is the most pathetic way to play music. Sorry but that's the truth.

+1. Bluetooth limits to 300 kbps, that's MP3 territory. CCA lets you play in high res upto 24/96, that's good enough even for complex western classical music.

If you bought the BT device via an online portal that's covered by returns then use it and get a CCA.

CCA + Pi is all I recommend for source + transport these days. For those with more $$$ a Synology NAS. Nothing else comes close in performance, SQ, ease of use, etc.

Thanks guys I bought the BT adapter through the bose store. Not possible if return would not be possible.

Will buy the chrome Cast audio next month.

Please post a link for raspberry pi and how should I use it with cca

You guys have been a great help. Thanks

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back