Suggestion for a Sub?

Disturbedforce

Hello Experts,

I have Triangle Sensa 03 Active bookshelf speakers. I am looking for a Sub-woofer to go with these.
I am looking for a compact one and also should go along with my Triangle set. (Not sure what technicalities should I consider)

Any suggestions would help. Budget would be about 20-30 INR

Hello Experts,

I have Triangle Sensa 03 Active bookshelf speakers. I am looking for a Sub-woofer to go with these.
I am looking for a compact one and also should go along with my Triangle set. (Not sure what technicalities should I consider)

Budget and your preference (movie/music).
There are somany compact subs like the JL, Rel and even The Sealed Rythmik 12" and 15" subs are very compact for their driver sizes.
Edit: most of the sealed subwoofers are compact.

Hello Experts,

hi I have great speakers n u need better sub to add which make better quality sound n difference but ur budget u need to Streach bit . I recommend for rythemik sealed n second opinion REL HT1205 both have great quality sound n no point of dissatisfaction.
If u make mind for rythemik pm me we r pooled for group buy for better discount so u will also njy the discount n save few bugs.
Moreover u r from Bangalore so u can have demo from dealer for better experience

hi I have great speakers n u need better sub to add which make better quality sound n difference but ur budget u need to Streach bit . I recommend for rythemik sealed n second opinion REL HT1205 both have great quality sound n no point of dissatisfaction.
If u make mind for rythemik pm me we r pooled for group buy for better discount so u will also njy the discount n save few bugs.
Moreover u r from Bangalore so u can have demo from dealer for better experience
The OP's budget is max 30k. A Rel, JL, or a Rythmik would not come in that budget.
I feel a Definitive pro sub 800 may fit in that. Not sure if a Polk , Yamaha, Elac or a Bic America would also fit in that. But no harm in checking those brands.
Buying pre-owned subs for sale in a decent condition would also be a good route.

The OP's budget is max 30k. A Rel, JL, or a Rythmik would not come in that budget.
I feel a Definitive pro sub 800 may fit in that. Not sure if a Polk , Yamaha, Elac or a Bic America would also fit in that. But no harm in checking those brands.
Buying pre-owned subs for sale in a decent condition would also be a good route.

Ah! How much do they cost? Where can I get a pre-owned sub?
@mnaveen, How much we are talking about if we are looking to buy as a group?

Ah! How much do they cost? Where can I get a pre-owned sub?
@mnaveen, How much we are talking about if we are looking to buy as a group?
I don't know about dealers in B'lore but these are the 2 dealers for Definitive Technology speakers in Mumbai. Pls note the Prosub 800 may be fine for a small room of around 9 ft.

The dealers for Definitive in Mumbai are :
Mr. Anil responds if you can call him.

Audi Check - Mr. Mohsin

Pls look out in the sale selection in Hifivision classifieds for preowned or Olx but you may have to be careful on Olx regarding the condition & money. There are online stores like Audiomaxx & Ooberpad which will be more on the higher side.

There is a sparingly used Klipsh sub 150 watts for 30K in Bangalore on Olx. You can check if it has the 230 V for India or if the condition & sound is ok.

Polk preowned subs on Olx Bangalore

Last edited:
I don't know about dealers in B'lore but these are the 2 dealers for Definitive Technology speakers in Mumbai. Pls note the Prosub 800 may be fine for a small room of around 9 ft.

The dealers for Definitive in Mumbai are :
Mr. Anil responds if you can call him.

Audi Check - Mr. Mohsin

Pls look out in the sale selection in Hifivision classifieds for preowned or Olx but you may have to be careful on Olx. There are online stores like Audiomaxx & Ooberpad which will be more on the higher side.

There is a sparingly used Klipsh sub 150 watts for 30K in Bangalore on Olx. You can check if it has the 230 V for India or if the condition & sound is ok.

Thanks buddy. I will try calling Audi Check and Definitve in the AM.
Not sure with the OLX guy. Description looks well, little shady :) But thanks for digging out that for me.

Thanks buddy. I will try calling Audi Check and Definitve in the AM.
Not sure with the OLX guy. Description looks well, little shady :) But thanks for digging out that for me.

Most welcome. Pls check the specs with respect to the room size. I had bought Definitive prosub 1000 from Audio Check which I had used for less than 2 years.
But Audio Excellence is also good. Pls check with Mr. Anil too. Logistics also may increase the price.

Budget and your preference (movie/music).
There are somany compact subs like the JL, Rel and even The Sealed Rythmik 12" and 15" subs are very compact for their driver sizes.
Edit: most of the sealed subwoofers are compact.
Sorry I missed your response. My usage usually is for Music=40%, TV shows30% and Movies 30% - I usually listen to a lot of techno.

Most welcome. Pls check the specs with respect to the room size. I had bought Definitive prosub 1000 from Audio Check which I had used for less than 2 years.
But Audio Excellence is also good. Pls check with Mr. Anil too. Logistics also may increase the price.
Thank you. Is there something I need to check? like if my speakers will be compatible with the sub or not? Pretty new to this thing, so just want to make sure

Thank you. Is there something I need to check? like if my speakers will be compatible with the sub or not? Pretty new to this thing, so just want to make sure
Most welcome. For subs to blend with your fronts would also depend on the crossover you would set on your amp which is generally suggested at 80hz. But it can be tweaked further depending on the frequency range of your fronts.

Generally subs of different brands are bought for the fronts and surrounds, so shouldn't be an issue.

Though there are subs like Rel and Rythmik which blend better with the fronts.
Things to stress would be quality of bass, frequency range at what loudness and whether the sub can fill your room with bass.
Sorry in my earlier post I missed the "O" for Audio Check :)

Last edited:
Hello Experts,

I would strongly suggest given your budget, use etc..look at the Yamaha SW 315.....costs within 30k....

See who gives you the best deal..all the best

I couldn't check this page for a while and missed out the posts :/ Anyways, after little research and taking some inputs from here, I bought REL Tzero MKIII and I got it today.

I did not check earlier but I now see that my speaker (Triangle Sensa sn03 a) does not have sub out. It does have RCA In and Outs. REL has something called HIGH level and LOW level Inputs.

I am wondering now how should I connect these speakers to the subwoofer. REL and Triangle customer care are of no great help, yet.

Last edited:
I couldn't check this page for a while and missed out the posts :/ Anyways, after little research and taking some inputs from here, I bought REL Tzero MKIII and I got it today.

I did not check earlier but I now see that my speaker (Triangle Sensa sn03 a) does not have sub out. It does have RCA In and Outs. REL has something called HIGH level and LOW level Inputs.

I am wondering now how should I connect these speakers to the subwoofer. REL and Triangle customer care are of no great help, yet.
Hi. Speaker will not have any sub out. You have to feed your sub either with RCA input (low level input) or with speaker level inputs ( high level inputs) from your amplifier.

If you have a pre out on your amplifier at the back, simply connect them with a pair of RCA cables to the sub rca inputs.

If you don't have a pre out on you amplifier, then run the left and right speaker wires to the sub high level input and from the sub to the speaker.

This is just generally speaking. You will have to get the proper cables for Rel high level input and after all that, plenty basic settings to be done on the sub.

If you let us know which amplifier you are using to drive the triangles, you will get much better replies.

I just checked the Triangle website for specifications and pictures. It has RCA out. Connect them to your sub RCA in with a pair of RCA interconnects. Should work.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back