Suggestion for floorstanding speakers UNDER 60k.

Fwiw have a look at the link below showing before/after pics of my setup which made all the difference.
Post in thread 'Showcase your audio/video setup here!......' https://www.hifivision.com/threads/showcase-your-audio-video-setup-here.1167/post-916949

From my experience the 3050i needs plenty of breathing space. They should not be cornered or suffocated with stuff around them which will greatly diminish their true potential. I use tinned copper Belden 8477 speaker cable and am satisfied with the performance. Also as others have advised, you'd do well to upgrade to a good powerful stereo amp which will definitely make these towers sing.
Great reference. Thank you. I shall arrange something like this. I am hearing quite a lot about Belden 8477. From where can i get this. And whats that under ur speaker(something like pad)

Yeah. I ll try changing the cable with 2.5sqmm copper cable.

No. Currently it is placed in a 120sqft room. Soon i ll place dem in larger room.

In my system Vocals become bad in direct/pure direct.
You have to work on the position; it's entirely open on the left and closed on the right side. Speakers need room to breathe and shine.

Get in touch with DataVert Bengaluru (99169 52506) / Cinetekk Chennai (9841054871) for the 8477.

This is what I've done with my setup and found satisfactory results.
Your blog is amazing. Thank you very much. But i did nt understand how did you get rid of airborne vibration? I mean how and where have you placed the foam sound barrier. And how do you keep your acoustics safe from environmental damage?

Your blog is amazing. Thank you very much. But i did nt understand how did you get rid of airborne vibration? I mean how and where have you placed the foam sound barrier. And how do you keep your acoustics safe from environmental damage?
Thanks. You're most welcome. I try my best to mitigate the devastating effects of coastal saline air by just doing the simple basics i.e. amps speakers are always covered when not in use, using non-electric dehumidifiers which seem to be doing the job thus far and getting rid of dust regularly.
The absorber-diffuser panels from aural exchange are mounted along the wall right behind the hifi system. Luckily for me this arrangement has eliminated the reverbs and boomy bass and the marble+rubber tile underneath each speaker has eliminated floor tile vibration. By building a new equipment rack, the airborne vibrations from speaker to rack has greatly reduced. With the Belden 8477, the bass is now tight and smooth alongside lush mids and a rounded-off but resolving treble. Atleast for me, the 8477 is an excellent match for the 3050i!

Thank you for your suggestion. I shall update later after implementing the suggestions.

I too have got hold of Q Accoustics 3050i, heard songs for few hours yesterday and today. In my setup they don't sound boomy at all. The bass and mids are perfect, they punch and deliver only when needed.
In general corners do cause booming, would advice keep them away from corners and give them space.

I could fix most of the boomy bass issue. The fault was setting of speaker to large. And subwoofer at plus. Now I set the speaker as small and crossover to 100. Bang! Deep punchy chestshaking bass and beautiful vocal! The term "large" and "small" in my av receiver speaker size setting is all the confusion.

I could fix most of the boomy bass issue. The fault was setting of speaker to large. And subwoofer at plus. Now I set the speaker as small and crossover to 100. Bang! Deep punchy chestshaking bass and beautiful vocal! The term "large" and "small" in my av receiver speaker size setting is all the confusion.

This is the ideal setting for a HT experience, subwoofer crossover should be between 60-100hz.
Boomy bass issue is solved as now all bass frequencies are going to the subwoofer instead of the speakers.
If you listen setting the speakers large, sub won't be used but it should sound really sweet. Not punchy but smooth. Shouldn't be boomy if speakers placed properly.

Setting small all the low frequency will diverted to the subwoofer hence the deep and punchy bass. The subwoofer is at the best position maybe.

But using FS in a HT setup like this doesn't do justice to the speakers, as the bass which can be generated by the FS will never be utilized. Decent bookshelves speakers will also give same result.

Use speakers in stereo mode for music listening atleast setting them as Large or crossing them over 50 - 60hz.

I have heard my 3050i in both HT setup and stereo for atleast 30-35hrs or more within 4-5 days. And they are really good, they do give deep bass and punch when needed. I don't listen to music with subwoofer at all except for atmos music. And the pure stereo is a joy.

My setting if using stereo in AVR for music listening was audyssey off and fronts as Large. You can adjust the tone controls to see if bass can be reduced.
But now using tube pre amp 90% of the time.

Maybe once you move them to the new house and give them enough space to breath these will sound great.

Good to hear.

100 is too high in my view.
Try 80 and then 60.

For floor standing speakers, it should be 60 in my view.

This is the ideal setting for a HT experience, subwoofer crossover should be between 60-100hz.
Boomy bass issue is solved as now all bass frequencies are going to the subwoofer instead of the speakers.
If you listen setting the speakers large, sub won't be used but it should sound really sweet. Not punchy but smooth. Shouldn't be boomy if speakers placed properly.

Setting small all the low frequency will diverted to the subwoofer hence the deep and punchy bass. The subwoofer is at the best position maybe.

But using FS in a HT setup like this doesn't do justice to the speakers, as the bass which can be generated by the FS will never be utilized. Decent bookshelves speakers will also give same result.

Use speakers in stereo mode for music listening atleast setting them as Large or crossing them over 50 - 60hz.

I have heard my 3050i in both HT setup and stereo for atleast 30-35hrs or more within 4-5 days. And they are really good, they do give deep bass and punch when needed. I don't listen to music with subwoofer at all except for atmos music. And the pure stereo is a joy.

My setting if using stereo in AVR for music listening was audyssey off and fronts as Large. You can adjust the tone controls to see if bass can be reduced.
But now using tube pre amp 90% of the time.

Maybe once you move them to the new house and give them enough space to breath these will sound great.
Thank you very much for the explanation. You are correct. FS's bass is smooth but subwoofers bass is punchy. Trying all the combination now. Setting crossover to 50 when listening to music and turning off sub. I will soon get a stereo amp (may be marantz) soon and will use it with the speakers.

Currently the floor is under construction. Done all the wiring. Got 6mm copepr connection from mains for the HT components. This is suggested by one of the FM. And surround speakers will be connected with 2.5mm copper cables.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back