Suggestion for Good Media player box which can play ATMOS / dts X audio !

Perfect

Hi All ,

Hope u are doing good.

Can u pls suggest me some good media player box to play my downloaded movie bluray rips which has atmos audio. I dont need 4k support at the moment , as i am still at Full HD only. Thanks.

P.S : I dont have atmos speakers at the moment , i just wanted to test it out before I purchase them

Atmos is closed source and nobody knows how to reverse engineer it for ripping. I doubt your rip contains the ATMOS in the first place.

There are some tools around which claim to rip ATMOS but people have reported audio drops and loss of height channels. So it you really want to enjoy ATMOS, physical disk is the way to go.

Last edited:
Atmos is closed source and nobody knows how to reverse engineer it for ripping...There are some tools around which claim to rip ATMOS but people have reported audio drops and loss of height channels...
Atmos track is ripped by many tools, successfully. You need to reverse engineer etc. only if you are trying to compress (say from THD Atmos to DD+ Atmos), this knowledge is not required for straight copy paste (i.e rip).

what is your sound output device? do you have atmos speaker system and an atmos capable reciever?
Yes , I have an atmos capable receiver (Denon X1600H). But I dont have seperates for Atmos.

I wanted to confirm which media box works fine to play my movies from HDD which has ATMOS , before buying the atmos speakers.

The receiver must be having a usb port I'm not sure
U can get a 4k blu ray player which has a usb port to play external media
Or get Nvidia shield

Any other good alternatives ( probably cheaper ) , I dont need 4K capabilities , just ATMOS audio for Full HD !
Have been using Himedia q5 pro for last 2 years and like nvidia shield it plays every type of files and audio format including Atmos and DTSX. You can get it through Amazon for around 14k. There's some other model too which costs less but not sure of that plays every type the file.

Atmos is closed source and nobody knows how to reverse engineer it for ripping. I doubt your rip contains the ATMOS in the first place.

There are some tools around which claim to rip ATMOS but people have reported audio drops and loss of height channels. So it you really want to enjoy ATMOS, physical disk is the way to go.
I have at least a couple of hundreds true hd atmos movies in mkv format. And they are nothing new, they've been here for a few years at least if not more.

I have at least a couple of hundreds true hd atmos movies in mkv format. And they are nothing new, they've been here for a few years at least if not more.
No offence but how do you verify that those are true Atmos?
Can you post tech specs of one or two files using MediaInfo freeware?

Atmos track is ripped by many tools, successfully. You need to reverse engineer etc. only if you are trying to compress (say from THD Atmos to DD+ Atmos), this knowledge is not required for straight copy paste (i.e rip).
My assumption was he might be having the remux-ed .mkv file rather than the 1:1 clone.

Last edited:
You have the remux-ed MVK file, not the 1:1 clone, and that's the problem. People are still struggling to iron out the filters that can handle TrueHD flawlessly.

Yes , I have an atmos capable receiver (Denon X1600H). But I dont have seperates for Atmos.

I wanted to confirm which media box works fine to play my movies from HDD which has ATMOS , before buying the atmos speakers.
Cubetek himedia pro 5 is v good .it can play all formats of video and audio.im using it .sound quality is v good .pro 10 also available with no added advantage but at extra cost.cheaper options plays videos in 4k but audio is restricted to 2 channel.pto 5 is available for 14 k on Amazon.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back