Suggestion for surround speakers

Manoj Kumar

Dear fellow members, I am planning to add additional speakers for height channel(Atmos) to my existing 5.1 setup. Currently I have a budget HT setup consisting of Denon AVR-2300W receiver, Taga Harmony platinum SW-10 V.2 sub woofer and Taga Harmony TAV-606SE speaker package. As per my sellers recommendation, he wants me to buy Taga Harmony TAV-616S and use these as surround speakers and to use my existing surrounds as height speakers for Atmos. Previously he has also suggested me to go for sonodyne sonus 3540 as height speakers. Please guide me any alternative option from yours side.

Dear fellow members, I am planning to add additional speakers for height channel(Atmos) to my existing 5.1 setup. Currently I have a budget HT setup consisting of Denon AVR-2300W receiver, Taga Harmony platinum SW-10 V.2 sub woofer and Taga Harmony TAV-606SE speaker package. As per my sellers recommendation, he wants me to buy Taga Harmony TAV-616S and use these as surround speakers and to use my existing surrounds as height speakers for Atmos. Previously he has also suggested me to go for sonodyne sonus 3540 as height speakers. Please guide me any alternative option from yours side.

Depending on where (in your room) you would mount your speakers, you need to consider models.. Else it would get difficult to mount them..

Ceiling speakers are best suggested, but that is possible if you have false ceiling..

If not, consider speakers that have thread mounts (small hole) on the box, which can help you mount on ceiling using speaker brackets in front of your listening position.. Don't think Taga TAV 616S has thread mounts.. It has only key hole mount, for wall mounting..

Hi,

I have Denon 2400 and using BIC AMERICA DV-32B as atmos speakers these are coming with many key holes to mount. I have mounted using normal screws. check out.

Thanks Mr. Elangoes for your suggestion. I have to place the speakers in wall only as my ceiling is of concrete. Which speakers would be best for my current set up? Do I have to replace my current surrounds with better ones and use the existing surrounds for Atmos or I have to go for suitable speakers for Atmos.

Thanks Mr. Elangoes for your suggestion. I have to place the speakers in wall only as my ceiling is of concrete. Which speakers would be best for my current set up? Do I have to replace my current surrounds with better ones and use the existing surrounds for Atmos or I have to go for suitable speakers for Atmos.

Leave you surround speakers as it.. No need to change them..

As FM @rainbowsong2000 suggested, BIC AMERICA DV-32B has provision on the back, so that you can use speaker brackets to mount it on ceiling..
Polk OWM3 is also a good choice and easier way of mounting them on ceiling as they have provision for brackets..

For speaker brackets, MX are the cheapest.. Check ritchie street, Vinsun agencies (opp to police booth)..

What is the price of both the speakers? I checked profx site for Polk OWM3 and the listed price is Rs 14000/- where as the listed price of OWM5 is 12000/-. At amazon.com owm3 is listed for 100 dollar(₹6700) with free delivery to India.

What is the price of both the speakers? I checked profx site for Polk OWM3 and the listed price is Rs 14000/- where as the listed price of OWM5 is 12000/-. At amazon.com owm3 is listed for 100 dollar(₹6700) with free delivery to India.

Not aware of the BIC AMERICA DV-32B price.. FM @rainbowsong2000 should be able to help..

Think OWM3 cost 14K for a pair.. OWM5 is 12K per speaker..

Is it fine to put sonodyne Sonos 3540 for atmos purpose becoz they cost same as OWM3. But I don't have idea about their performance and much review is not available for Sonos 3540 as those available for OWM3. Sonos 3540 comes with wall mount and are designed specifically taking I to consideration of Atmos setup. Also Sonos 3540 has similar design of SVS prime elevation speakers which are designed for 3D Atmos sound.

Is it fine to put sonodyne Sonos 3540 for atmos purpose becoz they cost same as OWM3. But I don't have idea about their performance and much review is not available for Sonos 3540 as those available for OWM3. Sonos 3540 comes with wall mount and are designed specifically taking I to consideration of Atmos setup. Also Sonos 3540 has similar design of SVS prime elevation speakers which are designed for 3D Atmos sound.

Yes, Sonodyne Sonus 3540 is also fine for atmos.. But this speakers is meant for front heights (to be mounted on the front wall)..Though members have put it on ceiling too..

With the speakers mentioned earlier, you have the flexibility of mouting these small speaker above you listening position..

Anyways, choose what works for you..

has anybody listened to JBL control X . How are these speakers? These are wall mountable.
I had a demo in one showroom for control x. They had them set up in ceiling and surround. I was not impressed with the tonal quality and also I couldn’t hear any sound over my head even thought the speakers were installed directly over my head

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back