Suggestion needed for my AV Receiver

vinothkumar

Hi Guys,

I have bought SONY STR DN1050 AVR from amazon.com yesterday.
I want to buy speakers for it. Can you please suggest me the right speakers for me. It has 165W RMS and 6-16 ohms impedance.

I have an option to buy BOSE acoustimas 10 speakers because of a deal which is ready to give me it for 18K.

But still i need your suggestion to buy speakers.

I have polk TSX series also in my mind. My budget is max 55K.

Thanks in Advance...

Hi Guys,

I have bought SONY STR DN1050 AVR from amazon.com yesterday.
I want to buy speakers for it. Can you please suggest me the right speakers for me. It has 165W RMS and 6-16 ohms impedance.

I have an option to buy BOSE acoustimas 10 speakers because of a deal which is ready to give me it for 18K.

But still i need your suggestion to buy speakers.

I have polk TSX series also in my mind. My budget is max 55K.

Thanks in Advance...

If your choice is more of movies means ,don't look beyond Polk tsx series ,tsx330 fs and tsx150 centre and tsx110b bookshelves , you dont even need subwoofer.But make sure your sony avr is combining perfectly with polk tsx.

Thank you subbubusk..

Even I have selected the same in mind and here are the models :

Floor standing : TSX330
Surround: TSX110
Center: TSX150C
Sub: PSW110

I would watch weekly twice but I play music daily.. I think polk will be better for me.

And my av receiver comes with 165 rms watts and minimum of 6 ohms impedance..

Can I confirm this speaker package?

And one more thing, I need to get a step down transformer as my receiver has 120V and 240W power consumption..

Can you suggest me?

I am ok with your transformer. What is the correct configuration suitable for me in Maxine brand? (To support 120V and 240W)

Guys My AV receiver is not turning on. I directly plugged in the sockets in the wall and pressed the power button, nothing happens.

If plugged it in the TV stabiliser then I can hear a tick sound, green light is getting on and after 4 or 5 seconds it is turned off automatically.

What do I need to do? Guys please help me.

I tried both.. The first attempt is direct AC in the wall and nothing happened.
Second I tried connecting with TV stabiliser which is not a step down transformer and now I could see the green power indicator gets on and after 5 seconds it got turned of automatically.

I contacted sony customer support immediately and they told me to press the power buttons for 5 seconds to reset the receiver. But after doing this nothing is happening till now.

After the call with sony I am not able to see the power indicator itself..

Please help me.

Hi guys,

Please help me as soon as possible.. If it has any issues then I have to return it to USA..

The operating voltage is indicated on the nameplate on the back of the receiver. Check, if it mentions 120/110v then do not plug in to wall socket, voltage in India is 220v. Use receiver only with step down transformer. May be it has gone in protection mode. Plug it in to a step down transformer and then check.

Thank you ach82002,

I will buy the transformer today and will test it.

I will let you all know the result..

Get it from Maxine shop at Richie street. Verify your AVR's power BEFORE getting the step down transformer as it comes in 500 w/1000w...

Since the dn1050 operating power consumption is 240w ( as googled, but you also refer the manual and find out), 500W step down transformer is enough.

Thank you buddy..

I am going to buy the transformer now. Can you please suggest me the transformer with correct volts in Maxine?

Guys I bought Maxine 500W 110V step down transformer and tried connecting with my AVR. But nothing happened it is not at all turning on. Now the power button itself is not getting on.

Please tell me what happened to the receiver?

I am using Maxine for voltage step down.

As for speakers, i would say audition them first and but if you like them.

HEY I bought Maxine 500W 110V step down transformer and tried connecting with my AVR. But nothing happened it is not at all turning on. Now the power button itself is not getting on.

Have you checked the step down transformer is working by connecting anything in the store?

Ideally the AVR should turn on.

Guys I bought Maxine 500W 110V step down transformer and tried connecting with my AVR. But nothing happened it is not at all turning on. Now the power button itself is not getting on.

Hi Vinoth, first check the step down transformer has any power on switch. I think Maxine provides universal plug socket and check with the tester for the power outflow from the plug socket. And go thru the initialising the receiver page and troubleshooting pages in the manual and try the suggestions given there.

All the best

Yes the transformer is fine now and it has a switch which is on too. Still the receiver is not working and tried holding the power button for 5 secs to boot up. Nothing happened so far.

Which part could be damaged? How much I need to spend to repair this?

Take it to a service center who are experienced with AVR repairing, technician only can check and tell what is damaged and what would be the probable expenses.

If power supply only blown then would be easier to repair than other components. No response means probably no power to boards, get it checked.

Recently my AVR's power supply had some issue and AVR was not responding at all. Expense was approx 2.8k but is fine now :)
Depends on what is damaged. Service center would provide an estimate.
Best of luck.

Thank you ach82002.

Technician came and checked the receiver. Fuse had gone. But it is not working even we changed it. He checked the internal transformer, other BT boards and all. Everything is working fine but still receiver is not turning on.

He told me to get receiver to the service center where some other technician will you. He said most probably the problem with the board which is attached in the front panel..

I am planning to take it to service center today.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back