Suggestion needed for my AV Receiver

You plugged the receiver directly to an wall outlet without the step down transformer, thereby feeding it 220V when it was designed only for 110, consequently it likely has taken out certain components, the fuse being one of them.
It will require repair.

Thank you shibashis.

I have given it to service.

Another suspense. Service guys told that transformer inside the receiver has gone they need to change it and it costs around 3K + SERVICE CHARGE..

Adding to it, they are not sure whether it will work or not even if they replace the new transformer!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont know what to do. I think I have received a defective piece....

Hi Guys,

Thank you very much for all your support.. My receiver is serviced and it is working fine. I spent 3300 INR for transformer replacement.

I need to buy speakers now. Can I buy the polk speakers mentioned?

:) good that only power supply had issue. Good to hear that it is working fine now.
:cheers:

Take your receiver and audition the speakers (best way to choose speakers)
Pick the one that suits your ears in your budget. Polks are good :)

Last edited:
the bose acoustimass 10 is a steal for 18k... just try to get it home and audition it.... you might end up enjoying more than the polk......

hi Vinothkumar...

I have Marantz SR5006..
Marantz is too soft for it voice.. might be suitable for some older guys.
Didnt like it from start.. but since I bought that costly used for couple of years..
I am thinking to go to sony for vibrant audio quality.

What is landing cost you got?

Receiver cost is 34500 INR + shipping 10000 INR + customs 13200 INR..

I paid everything because I loved it.....

Okay.. no doubt DN1050 is great sounding receiver.. any price is worth for it..

Have you tried / Heard for Sony ES series..
ZA3000ES or DA2800ES?

I checked it in the service centre it was rocking. I have not bought speakers yet.
For ES series, it is too costly and moreover it comes with 9.2 channel. We dont have enough 9.2 input in india.... otherwise I would have bought it.

Back