Suggestion on Stereo Setup

rajivaryan1984

Hello FM's,

Greetings. I am planning to create a dedicated stereo setup only for 100% music listening in my living room. I am planning to use the CXC series which comes with the network streamer and CD player and add CXA80 as the power amp. For Speakers I am planning to use my FS Dali Zensor 7. Since I am a bit bass lover, also planning to use my Sub for Music which is SVS SB1000. Kindly advise if this will be really a good setup for my music listening or if I am doing something wrong with this investment.
Also, I already have PM7005 and CD6006 and was thinking to use it with Zensor 7 ? Would you recommend this would be a good setup and I should not sell them.

Please tell me what best I can purchase to achieve the desired output like this -

Hello FM's,

Greetings. I am planning to create a dedicated stereo setup only for 100% music listening in my living room. I am planning to use the CXC series which comes with the network streamer and CD player and add CXA80 as the power amp. For Speakers I am planning to use my FS Dali Zensor 7. Since I am a bit bass lover, also planning to use my Sub for Music which is SVS SB1000. Kindly advise if this will be really a good setup for my music listening or if I am doing something wrong with this investment.
Also, I already have PM7005 and CD6006 and was thinking to use it with Zensor 7 ? Would you recommend this would be a good setup and I should not sell them.

Please tell me what best I can purchase to achieve the desired output like this -
Primarily the quality of music depends on room acoustics. If the room acoustics have issues, then no matter how expensive setup it is, its ought to make you unsatisfied. A lot of audiophiles keep changing the gear to get that "perfect/desired" output. A dedicated room preferably rectangle shaped is the way to start, and then later treat the room to remove echo and add reflectors/traps accordingly.
Once this is achieved you can focus on speakers first that fits your budget and room acoustics followed by an integrated or separates or mono blocks and a good DAC and source player(SACD player & Turntable) :)

thanks
Ravi Kumar

Personally, I would stick with your marantz and Dali combination. CXN streamer would be a good addition as it opens up many options. CXC is just cd transport and CXA Poweramp is really not required. Existing 6006 is good enough as a CDP.

Yes, room treatment is good....but if you are happy with the SQ, then don't loose sleep over it. Cheers.

Hi, Dali Zensor 7 and Marantz PM7005 is a great combination, but if you like bollywood music then you need to add an active subwoofer also. I have been using this combination for few years and fully satisfied.

Back