Suggestion required for my Yamaha RX-V6A from UK model can be play in India directly

Dev239

Hi,

I am new to AVforum. I just got my Yamaha RX-V6A from UK. I also want to know if I can use the AV receiver in India directly or do i need to add a transformer.
In the backside of the AV receiver it is mentioned as 230V ~ 50 Hz . 360 w.
I need expert comments to Stand Floor speakers for a 5.1 setup for this AV receiver. Waiting for a reply.

Thanks
Dev

I need expert comments to Stand Floor speakers for a 5.1 setup for this AV receiver. Waiting for a reply.
Given the output power of the AVR, you may want to go with book-shelf speakers for the fronts to start with and upgrade the fronts to floor-standers when u can buy a separate amp for them. This AVR will support a separate 2-channel amp (AVR has 2.2 pre-outs).

Given the output power of the AVR, you may want to go with book-shelf speakers for the fronts to start with and upgrade the fronts to floor-standers when u can buy a separate amp for them. This AVR will support a separate 2-channel amp (AVR has 2.2 pre-outs).
This AVR qualifies 7.1 channel and per chanel is capable of 100W otcomes. So could you please advise/suggestions for which brand floor standing will be better performance with Yamaha RX-V6A model for both music and movie.

The Living hall room size is 17"1" X 14"1" . Is book-shelf speaker will capable for this room size ?

Any good brand florstanding can be suggest for brighter sound fit with this AVR?

Thanks

This AVR qualifies 7.1 channel and per chanel is capable of 100W otcomes.
100W is 2 channel driven, not per channel. When all channels are driven simultaneously the power rating per channel will drop further.
In the case of this AVR, 7 channels will share the 100w load. Although all of them playing at full power at the same time is highly unlikely.

Last edited:
This AVR qualifies 7.1 channel and per chanel is capable of 100W otcomes. So could you please advise/suggestions for which brand floor standing will be better performance with Yamaha RX-V6A model for both music and movie.

The Living hall room size is 17"1" X 14"1" . Is book-shelf speaker will capable for this room size ?

Any good brand florstanding can be suggest for brighter sound fit with this AVR?

Thanks

Yamaha usually pairs with most brands of speakers, since you are based in Bengaluru, go and audition some speakers based on your budget and preferences of looks & placements....share a shortlist of brands and models with us and we can then guide further!

Depends on your budget as well. If you can afford now, AVR + Stereo Amp + FS is an option. If you have a decent sub, BS will be OK for this room size with sub. AVR will also drive FS, however, you will not get to leverage/enjoy the full potential of the FS with AVR.

Yamaha usually pairs with most brands of speakers, since you are based in Bengaluru, go and audition some speakers based on your budget and preferences of looks & placements....share a shortlist of brands and models with us and we can then guide further!
Thanks. Can any one ping the Speaker brand dealers in Bangalore?

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back