Suggestion required for rear surrounds

matazooma

Dear FMs,

I am looking for budget rear surround speakers for a 5.1 budget system which can be wall mounted.

Budget is around 15k. Was looking at Polk owm3 and sonus 3540. Can you suggest some other ones within this budget with pros and cons?

My current system includes Marantz nr1509, pioneer fs52, pioneer c22, svs pb1000 connected to lg 55c9. My room is a small one and the surround speakers should be easy to drive.

Regards

Dear FMs,

I am looking for budget rear surround speakers for a 5.1 budget system which can be wall mounted.

Budget is around 15k. Was looking at Polk owm3 and sonus 3540. Can you suggest some other ones within this budget with pros and cons?

My current system includes Marantz nr1509, pioneer fs52, pioneer c22, svs pb1000 connected to lg 55c9. My room is a small one and the surround speakers should be easy to drive.

Regards
I would suggest to find the same pioneer series for rears. It would be odd if you add another brand speaker for rear.

I had it but sold it to a friend as I couldn't wall mount it and also it's rear ported. Also the speaker had a sensitivity of only 85db in 6ohms.
If you are in a 5.1 system, the rear speakers should be at 90 degrees to your ear position and at least a foot high from the ear level. Ideally, you should put them on a stand rather than wall-mounting them.

I had it but sold it to a friend as I couldn't wall mount it and also it's rear ported. Also the speaker had a sensitivity of only 85db in 6ohms.
Actually whatever you select, even if it’s a higher end stuff than your fronts honestly you will never get a seemless integration without having the same set of speakers, it’s annoying to watch movies with mismatched timbres on fronts and rears. Ideal is always exactly same speakers for every channel. Is it possible to get it back ?

If you are in a 5.1 system, the rear speakers should be at 90 degrees to your ear position and at least a foot high from the ear level. Ideally, you should put them on a stand rather than wall-mounting them.
Read somewhere that the surrounds can be set 2 to 3 feet above ear level so that the sounds coming from those should not be localized... Also that any speakers can be set a surrounds as the sounds are not localized. Am I missing here something?

Polk owm3. They are the best surrounds you can have. Hang them on a nail 2-3 feet above ear level and you're done.

MaSh

Read somewhere that the surrounds can be set 2 to 3 feet above ear level so that the sounds coming from those should not be localized... Also that any speakers can be set a surrounds as the sounds are not localized. Am I missing here something?
No, you got it right, 2/3 feet is preferable, that's why I said at 'at least a foot'. People usually avoid introducing speakers from different vendors in a 5.1 set-up, it introduces more distortion vectors if not done carefully. :)

No, you got it right, 2/3 feet is preferable, that's why I said at 'at least a foot'. People usually avoid introducing speakers from different vendors in a 5.1 set-up, it introduces more distortion vectors if not done carefully. :)
Yes I agree regarding using the speakers from the same package, but the problem is that pioneer bs22 doesn't have any option for wall mounting. Let me check if there is any suitable speaker mounts for it Amazon.

Yes I agree regarding using the speakers from the same package, but the problem is that pioneer bs22 doesn't have any option for wall mounting. Let me check if there is any suitable speaker mounts for it Amazon.

This should do the job but looks like pretty expensive.

No, for rear surrounds, matching is not such a necessity.

MaSh

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back