Suggestion Required for Surround speakers

gilfredpaul

Hi guys

Initially i planned my HT setup for listening more on music, so based on my budget i bought Denon 1912 and Tannoy mercury V4. The music experience was not wow, but really good. Now i want to upgrade my setup to 5.1 for movies. When i audition tannoy VR Surround speakers, what i feel is the surround sound was not sharp (my perception).

Please suggest me should i go only for the same brand of surround speakers or i can mix with some other good surround speakers with existing setup or i can keep this setup for music and go for good 5.1 satellites speakers for movies.

I auditioned few movie clips in kef satellites speakers; the sound experience was really gr8.

For subwoofers, I planned for velodyne impact-12.

Living area size is 30*14; my seating position from TV is 15feet.

Hi guys

Please give me some suggestions, I know this is the only place where I can find solution for my question.

Surrounds will not be operated most of the time, so you can connect any speaker suitable for your AVR.

Tannoy V1
Wharf Dipole
MS bipole

otherwise some very low-end bookshelf speakers can also be used.

Praveen.

Last edited:
If you are not satisfied with music quality, replace the front speakers for a better one and use the existing speakers as surround speakers.

If you are open for this option, experts can suggest you speakers based on budget.

Thanks Praveen & Svkndv

@svkndv. I am very happy with music quality in current 2channel setup..Tannoy mercury vc dosent provide dipole speakers, thats why i feel lacking in surround sound.

Back