Suggestion to Buy a New 7.2 AVR from US

Dineshshank

Hi ,

I am planning to buy one 7.2 AVR from US within a Budget of $300 request your Expert Suggestion on the models .I already own an Onkyo HTR390 With Yamaha Tower Speakers .Will be replacing the AVR .Below are some models i gone through .

Onkyo TX -NR575
Onkyo TX-NR676
Pioneer VSX-932
Pioneer VSX-LX102
Yamaha RX-V583BL

Hi

Suggest you read the specific Owner Threads to help you decide where first hand feedback and information is available...

Everyone has different tastes and hence it is highly recommended to audition and decide what suits your requirements....

Depending on Movies VS Music usage.....decide the AVR.....if already using Onkyo...perhaps you can try another brand....

https://www.hifivision.com/threads/yamaha-avr-owners-thread.21982/page-53#post-791579

https://www.hifivision.com/threads/marantz-owner-thread.64820/page-25#post-791284

https://www.hifivision.com/threads/taga-harmony-owners-thread.66745/page-12#post-791328

https://www.hifivision.com/threads/pioneer-avr-owners-thread.47199/page-14#post-791899

https://www.hifivision.com/threads/denon-owners-thread.50018/page-32#post-789680

https://www.hifivision.com/threads/onkyo-ht-s3400-owners-thread.21456/page-19#post-699619

I'll recommend you to up your budget a little and go with denon 2400h.
But if you can't up your budget. Refrain from buying pioneer and onkyo.

It is not recommended to buy AV Receiver from US. They are 110V models and you need to spend on Step down transformer.
Service centres of Onkyo and many other brands do not accept US models for service.
Since rupee appreciated a lot against dollar, the difference is less now when you convert the USD cost to INR.

If you are looking to buy AVRs at potential US rates and skip warranty, you may then be better off buying from the many dealers in the grey market....regardless warranty in India is a joke when compared to US or other markets.....at least you can audition, check and make the purchase.....ofcourse for the specific target price you need to hunt dealer to dealer and close it as a cash deal....make it a win win situation!

All the best!

Hi ,

I am planning to buy one 7.2 AVR from US within a Budget of $300 request your Expert Suggestion on the models .I already own an Onkyo HTR390 With Yamaha Tower Speakers .Will be replacing the AVR .Below are some models i gone through .

Onkyo TX -NR575
Onkyo TX-NR676
Pioneer VSX-932
Pioneer VSX-LX102
Yamaha RX-V583BL
Hi ,

Onkyo TX -NR575
Onkyo TX-NR676
Pioneer VSX-932
Pioneer VSX-LX102
Yamaha RX-V583BL
Also check the Power option. in India we need 220/240 watts at the time in USA its 110/120. I too planned to buy one AVR while i visited US in the month of April. And due to the the above variation i dropped the plan to buy from USA.

It is not recommended to buy AV Receiver from US. They are 110V models and you need to spend on Step down transformer.
Service centres of Onkyo and many other brands do not accept US models for service.
Since rupee appreciated a lot against dollar, the difference is less now when you convert the USD cost to INR.
Sorry to correct you here mate, its $ that has appreciated and not rupee, $ is stronger against most of the currency.
If I'm not wrong local market price had gone up since $ appreciated.

Sorry to correct you here mate, its $ that has appreciated and not rupee, $ is stronger against most of the currency.
If I'm not wrong local market price had gone up since $ appreciated.

Sorry, it was a typo error. I mean depreciated against dollar. (typed appreciated by mistake).

Thanks for pointing out the error

Ultimately it is down to taking risk & also your luck. More often than not nothing goes wrong if you factor in a reliable step down transformer that will ensure voltage required to power the 110V electronics. Yes, it is very tempting to go for great deals in us especially of models being phased out, so if you are willing to go all out then it always makes sense to buy as high a model as your pocket will permit. Yamaha/Denon/Marantz should be having some great deals for phased out models currently in us. Subsequently you can also upgrade your speakers to match the new avr, but those can be bought definitely from India.

Best wishes

Pioneer and onkyo have been plagued by hdmi board problems. Plus pioneer has been overtaken by TCL. So we don't know what will be the future.
How about Denon and Marantz ? don't they face any board issues ?
Cheers for the info.

HDMI board issues happen in any brand as long as we do not take care on the AVR. The hdmi board complaints just don't appear as it is. The person complaining about hdmi board issues in his AVR ask him what exactly he or she did before that occurred. Most causes are un regulated power supply, bad weather, huge dust accumulated inside causing short circuit. and mostly we annoy to power it off before connecting or disconnecting hdmi devices to it. It is not the Onkyo's or Pioneer get the issue it is all those brands you name you get the issue. As long as we take care of our gears it will live long.
I may be wrong but from what I read onkyo and pioneer had more of these issues. Anyhow pioneer and onkyo getting overtaken by TCL does stand true so that's a valid reason to stay away for a while until we know what the company has planned.

Just sharing my opinion, planning to buy brand new AVR from USA does not seem to be that much great idea, I know price will be lower but voltage conversion will add up additional money along with dependency on another equipment and risk of being no warranty still stand true.
HDMI issues are so common in almost every brand, one my friend had HDMI board failure in Marantz 6010 couple of months back.
What is the real problem in getting the same AVR here, if budget then choose pre-owned and atleast keep away from voltage conversion, etc.
May be some one coming after long time bringing his own old equipment makes more sense?
Getting AV stuff repaired here is not that easy and you never know service center people denying paid services for USA equipment.

Just sharing my opinion, planning to buy brand new AVR from USA does not seem to be that much great idea, I know price will be lower but voltage conversion will add up additional money along with dependency on another equipment and risk of being no warranty still stand true.
HDMI issues are so common in almost every brand, one my friend had HDMI board failure in Marantz 6010 couple of months back.
What is the real problem in getting the same AVR here, if budget then choose pre-owned and atleast keep away from voltage conversion, etc.
May be some one coming after long time bringing his own old equipment makes more sense?
Getting AV stuff repaired here is not that easy and you never know service center people denying paid services for USA equipment.
Thanks you mate This make sense . I also had an thought about the issues that may happen due to Voltage Conversion .

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back