Suggestion to upgrade my SVS Prime Center to Emotiva C2+ or SVS Ultra

rainbowsong2000

I am planning to upgrade my center channel from SVS Prime Center to Emotiva C2+ or SVS Ultra.

One of a kind forum member offered me to test the Emotiva C2+ and i am very impressed with the performance on voice clarity and added weight in the voice.

But, only thing prickling is whether we can mix match the Center and L/R. Currently my mains are SVS Prime Towers.

Is there anyone in Chennai have SVS Ultra to demo ? Please suggest.

My Current HT:
AVR: Denon X4500H > Parasound 5125 Power amp > SVS Prime Towers, SVS Prime Center, SVS prime bookshelf Surround, Surround Back, Dual SVS PB2000 and Polk RC 80i Atmos

I am planning to upgrade my center channel from SVS Prime Center to Emotiva C2+ or SVS Ultra.

One of a kind forum member offered me to test the Emotiva C2+ and i am very impressed with the performance on voice clarity and added weight in the voice.

But, only thing prickling is whether we can mix match the Center and L/R. Currently my mains are SVS Prime Towers.

My Current HT:
AVR: Denon X4500H > Parasound 5125 Power amp > SVS Prime Towers, SVS Prime Center, SVS prime bookshelf Surround, Surround Back, Dual SVS PB2000 and Polk RC 80i Atmos
Why do you want to upgrade/change your center channel? Is there any issue?

My Current HT:
I would go for the SVS Ultra Center instead. It looks like a good upgrade from 5" to 6.5" woofers & has a bigger 4" midrange driver.

A good center is very important for movies as its used 70% of the time, don't cheap out on the most used speaker in movies.

Cheers.

I would go for the SVS Ultra Center instead. It looks like a good upgrade from 5" to 6.5" woofers & has a bigger 4" midrange driver.

A good center is very important for movies as its used 70% of the time, don't cheap out on the most used speaker in movies.

Cheers.
Ok. Just trying to get a demo of Ultra in Chennai. But, nothing available :(

I tried driving my C2+ with Elac and it blended nicely. I am still driving my C1+ with Elac BS and i do not see any mismatch.

Hi how elac unifi UC5 and Emotiva C1+ compare.

note: You can ignore the price mismatch, spec and power.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back