Suggestion with home theater

RiddimHead

Hello all,

I'm new to this forum, but i've been researching on HT's for a while and threads from here always helped me the most :)

I'm looking to buy a new component HT system, i have a basic ht that costs >5k and i wanna upgrade.

Music/Movie ratio is 90/10 - 95/5 :D get it ?

My room is not big enough, 8x10ft.

Budget : 60k max

Sets i liked online
1. Pioneer HTPRS42 - Too big for my room right?
2. BA xs 5.1 + Marants 1504 - Satellite speakers better for music, will the xs do justice for loud music ? + Marantz 1504 has a Pre - Out which will help me connect my powered studio monitors for my home recording equipment.
3. Sony HT M5 - Same feeling as RS42 - way big

I have not auditioned in my city yet. I stay in Bangalore and i'm not sure if there's any place i can go to get a few demos..

Hello, Nice to hear you want to upgrade your HT. My suggestion is if your Music - Movies preference is 95% - 5%, never go for Home Theater. Buy a stereo system. I know you need to compromise for the sorround sound from sorround speakers, but that compromise will be very negligible than the difference of sound quality you will get from HT and stereo system.

I was in the same stage before one year ago, was using INTEX IT-4800 (costs around 3K) with my PC. My music preference is also 95%. I was enjoying 5.1 movies and even nice stereo music feel from 128kbps MP3s. Then I wanted to upgrade my HT and spent around 2.2lac for a Denon AV receiver and Dali speakers, no doubt I am very happy with my Movies experience, but feel little bit compromised while listening to music.

The above pinion may be felt wrong to some people, but it's my personal experience.

+1 to Pramod's suggestion.
An analog stereo system will out-shine an HT setup when playing music.

No matter which way you go, make sure you invest in a pair of good book shelf speakers. By the way, why do you want to buy two pairs of front speakers? Why not use your studio monitors for regular music too? I have a pair of ADAM A5X in my dining area. I can confirm that they can do the duty in your small room.

Regards,

@pramod ,

Thanks, what's the difference between a HT and stereo system ? is there one available in the range i'm looking for ?

@smedhavi

Thanks, i felt that these monitor speakers do not color the sound to bring the stereo effect and that's why thought of keeping a seperate pair, and moreover the ones i have are basic, the pair cost me 9k

@smedhavi

are KRK Rokit's good ?? i was planning to upgrade the studio monitors, and if it works for both i save a lot of money :D

Also, i got the focusrite 2i2 audio interface which is told to have a good inbuilt DAC, but i'm unsure.

Will i need to invest in a new DAC ? most of my music is 320kbps or above and i keep switching out to FLAC as i find albums in my collection that i like :)

i got the focusrite 2i2 audio interface which is told to have a good inbuilt DAC, but i'm unsure.

Arunsa any specific reason not recommending BA XS 5.1?
I have seen then in Reliance Digital but not auditioned then since the centre speaker was not working. They are very compact just bigger than Rubic cube. But the satellites have twitter and midrange I think.
Bye the way I am also in lookout for HT set up around 50k.
I auditioned Polk audio RM 6750 + Denon 500 briefly at Profx in worli since I had little time. They sounded good with good bass also with Transformers blue ray. Music in 2.1 also sounded good. They may give 15% discout. No other combination tried yet.
Some one said fatigue free listening on this forum. Well this is important for me. Precisely the same reason I got Samsung plasma. How well Pioneer or Yamaha can be paired with Polk.
What do u suggest here.

Sound quality of BA no doubt is good, but what u gonna do with sound quality when the product dont last even a month :p.
I already replaced it once as i received a faulty product at the time of delivery,
then again subwoofer stopped working and it took correct 21 days to solve the issue n now a week back tweeter of 2 of the satellites stopped working :D.
I bought this last year in december.
So i would recommend u to look for something else, or if u wanna take chances then go ahead :p
Though service from the company[mz audio mumbai] is good.

Thanks for your suggestion guys! i disconnected 3 of the speakers of my dirty old HTIB (China model :) ) to feel if there was any difference in sound with 2 and there actually wasn't any.

i Think the DAC (Focusrite should be ok for now ). i really liked the whardale 10.2 i checked out at hifimart but i can't seem to figure a matching amp (15-20k) to fit in the budget.do i have to lower my budget on speaker to up the amp ?

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back