Suggestions for 7.2.4 subwoofers (Budget details inside)

Hi, This is the final setup I went for:

ComponentName
ProjectorJVC DLA NX7
ScreenElite AR150H2-AUHD
ReceiverMarantz 8012
Power AmpEmotiva XPA-3 Gen 3
Woofer x2Rythmik F18
Speakers LCR x3CT 7.3 LCRS
Speakers Surrounds x4CWM 7.5
Speakers Atmos x4CCM 684

Thanks everyone for your help and support!
Nice setup. Enjoy and do post your impression

This is the speaker and seating layout, etc. The pink lines are the treatment due to isolation/acoustics. The 2 blue boxes in the front are the subwoofers!

Attachments

• HT FINAL.pdf
    67.8 KB · Views: 54
Where as Subwoofers are concerned, I currently have the SVS PC 2000 cylinder subwoofer. My room size is 14ft length & 11 feet widht & height. The PC 2000 provides more than adequate bass in the room effortlessly without sounding boomy, overbearing & without taking much floor space. But the height of the PC 2000 is 34 inches. It sounds beautiful for 2 channel music & powerful for movies. You can also check the reviews of SVS PC 2000 on AVSForum by Mark Henninger. THe new SVS 3000 series is also supposed to be good with new 13 inch drivers. You can buy one & then decide if you need another one. Rel, Hsu, PSA & Rhythmic are other good brands.
For receivers you can consider Nad, Marantz/Denon or Arcam.
For surround Speakers Dali, Dynaudio, Focal, Mission, Tannoy, Klipsh, KEF
If you are in Mumbai you can purchase it from Alliance Four Audio, Goregoan west, , contact person Mr. Kadam . From Delhi the SVS dealer is Mr. Samay/Arjun, Audiophile India.
All the best.

Hi nitin...I use a small 8 inch sub in my HT setup due to space constraints. Then saw your above post.. So was just curious to know if the PC series cylinders need to be placed vertically or can they be horizontally mounted too. And what is their width please. Iam all wet and excited at the moment if I can sneak in a PC series sub lying down horizontally behind my side table. Thanks to kindly let me know :)

Hi nitin...I use a small 8 inch sub in my HT setup due to space constraints. Then saw your above post.. So was just curious to know if the PC series cylinders need to be placed vertically or can they be horizontally mounted too. And what is their width please. Iam all wet and excited at the moment if I can sneak in a PC series sub lying down horizontally behind my side table. Thanks to kindly let me know :)

Hi Newlash09, the PC 2000 needs to be placed vertically since it comes with sound path isolaters at the bottom to isolate rattle in the room. These are the dimensions of the PC 2000, 34.34" (H) 16.6" (W) 16.6" (D) . Basically it only occupies 16.6 inches which is compact but the height is approx 35 inches. My room is also small at 14 feet length & 11 feet width & height. It sits in the corner of the room so as to not cover the TV. Its more than enough for me with a lot more power to spare. For tighter bass it should not be placed in the extreme corner of the room.
For HT I am sure it will bring a smile on your face as it goes really low to 16 HZ & with room gain even more & I am more than happy for music too. If you are coming to Mumbai you are most welcome to hear it at my place.

Hi Newlash09, the PC 2000 needs to be placed vertically since it comes with sound path isolaters at the bottom to isolate rattle in the room. These are the dimensions of the PC 2000, 34.34" (H) 16.6" (W) 16.6" (D) . Basically it only occupies 16.6 inches which is compact but the height is approx 35 inches. My room is also small at 14 feet length & 11 feet width & height. It sits in the corner of the room so as to not cover the TV. Its more than enough for me with a lot more power to spare. For tighter bass it should not be placed in the extreme corner of the room.
For HT I am sure it will bring a smile on your face as it goes really low to 16 HZ & with room gain even more & I am more than happy for music too. If you are coming to Mumbai you are most welcome to hear it at my place.

Wow...thanks a ton for that advise nitin. Just got your PM too. Much appreciated :)

Will have word with my wife when Iam back, when she is not cutting any vegetables with a sharp knife. And see if I get a approval or not. :D

Wow...thanks a ton for that advise nitin. Just got your PM too. Much appreciated :)

Will have word with my wife when Iam back, when she is not cutting any vegetables with a sharp knife. And see if I get a approval or not. :D

Most Welcome Newlash09

Hi, This is the final setup I went for:

ComponentName
ProjectorJVC DLA NX7
ScreenElite AR150H2-AUHD
ReceiverMarantz 8012
Power AmpEmotiva XPA-3 Gen 3
Woofer x2Rythmik F18
Speakers LCR x3CT 7.3 LCRS
Speakers Surrounds x4CWM 7.5
Speakers Atmos x4CCM 684

Thanks everyone for your help and support!
Wow, its a killer system you have, and the Rythmik's sealed 18s are great subs. They dig deep and are good for both music and movies. Can you share the net price of the Rythmik subs?

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back