Suggestions for 7.2.4 subwoofers (Budget details inside)

You have a very good budget. Can look at denon 8500 ,Marantz 8013, Yamaha 3080, Anthem 720 etc which are top line receivers alongwith good speakers such as B&w 800 diamond, dali, focal, MA etc. Key is to audition and then decide.

Hi all, I have finally decided to go for one pair of the SVS PB 3000 only, at a cost of 1.66 lacs each. Thanks for all the help!

Do you think the XTZ's would be better?

Do let me know in case I need to consider anything else before I place my order!

Hi all, I have finally decided to go for the Procella Speakers, as below. Thanks for all the help!

Do let me know in case I need to consider anything else before I place my order!

Speakers LCRProcella P6 135,000
Speakers Surrounds (4)Procella P5 65,000
Speakers Atmos (4) Paradigm CI HOME H65A Angled In Ceiling Height Speakers 18,000

Since you have a good budget for speaker, kindly look at Triad speakers as well. I have heard Procella and they are very good but Triad is better .

Suggest you hear the XTZs to be sure.....there are quite a few members who use it and from what i heard it is a really good sub.....

each one of us would have our own preferences and expectations...hence recommended to audition with your music / movie clip as reference and then take a call.......spending almost 3-4 lacs on subwoofers is a huge investment.......

Suggest you hear the XTZs to be sure.....there are quite a few members who use it and from what i heard it is a really good sub.....

each one of us would have our own preferences and expectations...hence recommended to audition with your music / movie clip as reference and then take a call.......spending almost 3-4 lacs on subwoofers is a huge investment.......

Okay thanks!

Taking demo of subwoofers can be very misleading.
Number of subs, integration, room size etc makes the difference.

For your room size .. First select 1 sub which is sufficient for that room size.. subs costing under 1 lakh will have enough power to play at reference levels in that room.
Then use 4 of those subs in your room to get clean , even bass.
Peaks can be treated with EQ. But only multiple subs can solve the issues of dips.
And yeah multiple subs helps reduce the perceived decay time of the lower frequencies.

Btw what do you demand from a sub ? Infra Sonic bass or super clean bass ? Or both ;)

Taking demo of subwoofers can be very misleading.
Number of subs, integration, room size etc makes the difference.

For your room size .. First select 1 sub which is sufficient for that room size.. subs costing under 1 lakh will have enough power to play at reference levels in that room.
Then use 4 of those subs in your room to get clean , even bass.
Peaks can be treated with EQ. But only multiple subs can solve the issues of dips.
And yeah multiple subs helps reduce the perceived decay time of the lower frequencies.

Btw what do you demand from a sub ? Infra Sonic bass or super clean bass ? Or both ;)

Okay. I wanted clean bass more, I don't like super loud vibration type bass that would drown out the dialogue also! :p

Okay. I wanted clean bass more, I don't like super loud vibration type bass that would drown out the dialogue also! :p
4 subs properly placed and calibrated will give you more than you expect without drowning the dialogue.

The type of bass you are describing generally comes from a single sub or two subs placed together in a room.

Example:
Problem- When a movie is played you should get 100db at both 25hz and 40hz unlike a single sub giving 70db at 25hz and 100db at 40hz.
Solution: use multiple subs strategically placed.

Btw I had sent you a PM.. you ignored I guess ;)

4 subs properly placed and calibrated will give you more than you expect without drowning the dialogue.

The type of bass you are describing generally comes from a single sub or two subs placed together in a room.

Example:
Problem- When a movie is played you should get 100db at both 25hz and 40hz unlike a single sub giving 70db at 25hz and 100db at 40hz.
Solution: use multiple subs strategically placed.

Btw I had sent you a PM.. you ignored I guess ;)

Good to know all this. Thanks!

Yes I saw the PM very late sorry! I was new to the website and the HT world in general :p We can discuss if you like.

Good to know all this. Thanks!

Yes I saw the PM very late sorry! I was new to the website and the HT world in general :p We can discuss if you like.
Share your contact details if you wish to discuss.
Or contact on my number which I have PMed you :)

Hi, This is the final setup I went for:

ComponentName
ProjectorJVC DLA NX7
ScreenElite AR150H2-AUHD
ReceiverMarantz 8012
Power AmpEmotiva XPA-3 Gen 3
Woofer x2Rythmik F18
Speakers LCR x3CT 7.3 LCRS
Speakers Surrounds x4CWM 7.5
Speakers Atmos x4CCM 684

Thanks everyone for your help and support!
Fantastic. Please share ur feedback with pictures of possible

ComponentName
ProjectorJVC DLA NX7
ScreenElite AR150H2-AUHD
ReceiverMarantz 8012
Woofer x2Rythmik F18
Speakers Atmos x4CCM 684

Fantastic setup.
Any acoustical treatment?

ComponentName
ProjectorJVC DLA NX7
ScreenElite AR150H2-AUHD
ReceiverMarantz 8012
Woofer x2Rythmik F18
Speakers Atmos x4CCM 684

That's a very good setup. Congrats.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back