Suggestions for a CD player

Dac will be a better option if u think the sound is digital. In this player cirrus chips are for used for analog conversion. It is decent but when u use Dac noise floor will be much reduced with instrument separation.

The Dac on the cd 6006 is quite good. No doubt there will be better independent dacs out there but in my case never felt the need for a separate dac with the cd6006 besides there is no audible noise too.

How much
Folks, I finally ended up with the Marantz 6006. Thank you for all the suggestions and help.

I'll share my impressions after trying it out for a few months.
Definitely a good choice out of all that you considered. Where and how much did you buy it for? Is it worth the investment or only a marginal increment in sound quality & stage inspite of all the efforts you dished out? Eagerlywaiting for your user experience.

How much

Definitely a good choice out of all that you considered. Where and how much did you buy it for? Is it worth the investment or only a marginal increment in sound quality & stage inspite of all the efforts you dished out? Eagerlywaiting for your user experience.

I bought it online from Hifimart - but I think it's out of stock now. I think it's a good buy. Previous posts on this thread (and others on this forum) by FMs testify to the 6006's sound quality.

I'm looking for suggestions for a CD player (SACD or USB capabilities not required) within a budget of 30k. I can probably stretch it a bit but not too much.
Some brands I looked at online and in HFV threads are Denon and Yamaha but most are out of my budget. I don't have anyone who can carry one from abroad at the moment, so I'm stuck with Indian prices. Cambridge Audio seems another possibility.

Marantz of course is well regarded, but I'm hesitant given its reported history of running into issues every few years (source: HFV threads). I'll be happy to be proven wrong.

My amp is a Norge 2060, with Wharfedale 225 speakers. Thanks in advance.
I have Marantz CD5005 since 3 years. Now it is giving problems. If I put any CD, it says Reading and shows the track number. After that it wont play. Could this be lens issue? Also, buttons are not functioning properly. Planning to service it; any idea about approximate cost of lens? I am in Chennai.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back