Suggestions for a simple setup

amp101

Hello everyone!

I am new here and have just joined today. Was pleasantly surprised to find such a thriving community of audiophiles based out of India!

I am looking for a simple and inexpensive setup to serve the below requirements:

1. to improve the quality of the tinny speakers I have on my VU LCD. My budget for the speakers is about 10K (max). The logic is to not spend too much now and save up for a proper Home Theatre system few years down the line. I've heard that Logitec Z623 is a decent 2.1 system
  2. My mother likes listening to the FM a lot but she presently uses her mobile handset which produces horrible sound. She says that she's very happy listening to music on her phone, but it would be nice if you could suggest ideas if the speakers for my TV can be used to play FM as well. Is it possible to connect the mobile to these speakers (through 3.5mm jack maybe) and play FM? Do I need to buy a separate FM tuner?

I understand from the other threads that I've read here that the members are true audiophiles and the discussions here revolve around systems which costs lakhs of rupees. But I will greatly appreciate if you could help me with any ideas / suggestions in purchasing a simple, good quality setup. Thanks a lot.

1. A 2.1 speaker will best match the TV. Consider Edifier C3. It has good reviews.

2. Yes, you can connect the headphone out of mobile phone to the 2.1 set using 3.5mm jack.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back