Suggestions for a Subwoofer under 50k Budget

jagadeeshwarank

Hi all,

Here I am, finally made up my mind to get a decent enough sub-woofer for my existing 5.0 setup. Here is the post I created when I started my search for HT components. As noted above I would like to keep my budget under 50k.

I have gone through quite a number of discussion in our forum on sub-woofer discussions. Once even made up my mind for a DIY, which I dropped realizing the effort and dedication required for the same.

For now I have these 3 in my mind.

- Yamaha SW 300 (for the Value for money it brings)
- QAcoustics QB12 ( For the 12 inch driver and few good reviews on it)
- Mission ms-450 ( Not very common one, but one of my friends has suggested this and want to know more, any FMs review/feedback appreciated)

I wont be making the purchase till I get back to Chennai post the lock-down, which I see 1-2 months down the lane and definitely after audition. That would make the current on-sale ones not reachable for me :)

Attaching the room layout again here, and I am intending to place the sub-woofer near the sofa, which is on the right corner of the Living room.

My Current setup is the same as in my Bio
AVR- Marantz 5013
Speakers - Dali Zensor 3 (Fronts) , Dali Zensor (Vocal), Dali Zensor 1(Surrounds)
Media consumed through nVidia Shield Pro(2019)

Thanks,
Jagadeesh

Attachments

• Resized-Clear.png
    Resized-Clear.png
    385.7 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Hi all,

Here I am, finally made up my mind to get a decent enough sub-woofer for my existing 5.0 setup. Here is the post I created when I started my search for HT components. As noted above I would like to keep my budget under 50k.

I have gone through quite a number of discussion in our forum on sub-woofer discussions. Once even made up my mind for a DIY, which I dropped realizing the effort and dedication required for the same.

- Mission ms-450 ( Not very common one, but one of my friends has suggested this and want to know more, any FMs review/feedback appreciated)

I wont be making the purchase till I get back to Chennai post the lock-down, which I see 1-2 months down the lane and definitely after audition. That would make the current on-sale ones not reachable for me :)

Attaching the room layout again here, and I am intending to place the sub-woofer near the sofa, which is on the right corner of the Living room.

AVR- Marantz 5013
Speakers - Dali Zensor 3 (Fronts) , Dali Zensor (Vocal), Dali Zensor 1(Surrounds)

Thanks,
Jagadeesh
Q Acoustics QB12 is the one to go for. Yamma nssw300 not good for movies. Can't go loud without distorting.

Mission is not known for its subs and frankly, seen quite a few people own them but never recommend it

BIC 200 is a good sub.
Some FMs are selling their SVS PBs for 50k and 70k check them out.

I too agree with Yamahas, they don't sound that great.

Hi all,

AVR- Marantz 5013

Thanks,
Jagadeesh
Hi try with Klipsch R120 or spl 120

Q Acoustics QB12 is the one to go for. Yamma nssw300 not good for movies. Can't go loud without distorting.

Mission is not known for its subs and frankly, seen quite a few people own them but never recommend it
QAcoustics is what I had my mind on, was bit hesitant mainly because of 200W rating when compared to others. I feel a demo should fix that up.

Was curious about Mission ms-450 as it was 15-inch. iI anyone here owns it here a feedback on that would be great.

BIC 200 is a good sub.

I did find them in For Sale section, and I am not sure if I will be able to demo them in current situation. I would be returning back to Chennai only post Covid situation improves. Added to that ,one is from Haryana and other from Hyderabad, I dont want to jump on used ones without a proper demo as well.

On BIC PL-200 I guess the price 2 years back was above 50k, should be more by now I guess. Really appreciate your suggestion, will check with the dealer here on the current price.

Edit: Just realized its available for 46k online, dealer price should be less. @ajuvignesh thanks for your suggestion for the same.

I dont want to jump on used ones without a proper demo as well.
QAcoustics is what I had my mind on, was bit hesitant mainly because of 200W rating when compared to others. I feel a demo should fix that up.

ok seems like you are being very picky with bass. What if u audition and don’t like the subs within the 50k budget? I think you have already auditioned xtz. Let me know if interested

I did
ok seems like you are being very picky with bass. What if u audition and don’t like the subs within the 50k budget? I think you have already auditioned xtz. Let me know if interested

I did look at yours, and way beyond my budget. Will sure contact you if at all I plan to change my budget. Thanks for reaching out :)

Hi all,

AVR- Marantz 5013

Thanks,
Jagadeesh
Mission subwoofer will fulfil your needs
Hi all,

AVR- Marantz 5013

Thanks,
Jagadeesh
Mission subwoofer will fulfill your needs, it is available on hi fi mart India, please try

Hope you have gone through Indiq Audio Group Buy-2 thread. They offer two combinations well within your budget, considering the group buy it is worth of investment. You can add dedicated Amp with little more investment. There are some FMs from Chennai who already own, from whom you can get more info on performance. You can talk to Amit directly about its pairing capabilities with your existing chain, and get it fine tuned.

BIC 200 is a good sub.

SVS PB1000 owner here...Id say if the product is working fine, go with any..they can easily fill up a large room (18 ft x 12 ft), good for movies and music!

@jagadeeshwarank SVS are quite good for movies, and the used ones might be in your budget as they are on sale here - but you already mentioned your hesitation with used goods - absolutely understandable.

I would suggest against the Yamaha Subs and Mission subs too from my own personal experience.

I can fully vouch for the QA QB12, it is loud yet controlled and musical - even though I hardly spent any time setting it up and it is not at all ideally placed. Yes the 200W doesn't sound like it, but I have it in a huge room in my house, a large room where we entertain people, and one side of the room is my 5.1 setup - very similar to your living dining area - but larger and we have it like a living + HT space. Sometimes, we even open the large French windows and sit outside with our guests in the Balcao and play music and you can still feel the bass. The SUB is very easy to work with, though obscenely large, but it does disappear (sound direction wise) in the setup, and can rattle all things glass and bones even at less than 50% on the sub. Also I have tried it louder, it doesn't distort, but is uncomfortable as it creates too much pressure :)

Hi all,

AVR- Marantz 5013

Thanks,
Jagadeesh
+1 for qacoustics b12.

@jagadeeshwarank SVS are quite good for movies, and the used ones might be in your budget as they are on sale here - but you already mentioned your hesitation with used goods - absolutely understandable.

I would suggest against the Yamaha Subs and Mission subs too from my own personal experience.

I can fully vouch for the QA QB12, it is loud yet controlled and musical - even though I hardly spent any time setting it up and it is not at all ideally placed. Yes the 200W doesn't sound like it, but I have it in a huge room in my house, a large room where we entertain people, and one side of the room is my 5.1 setup - very similar to your living dining area - but larger and we have it like a living + HT space. Sometimes, we even open the large French windows and sit outside with our guests in the Balcao and play music and you can still feel the bass. The SUB is very easy to work with, though obscenely large, but it does disappear (sound direction wise) in the setup, and can rattle all things glass and bones even at less than 50% on the sub. Also I have tried it louder, it doesn't distort, but is uncomfortable as it creates too much pressure :)
My hesitation with used is mainly due to I'm in my native(one such district with high rising COVID-19 cases) right now and I expect to be back in Chennai only by August or so. I dont wish to hold up FMs sale for next 2 odd months. And as it is used I personally wish to check it before going ahead.

I have seen quite a few sub-woofer suggestions thread and QB12 was always in there thanks to @DB1989 for his knowledge on Yamaha sw300 and QB12. Your feedback on QB 12 inspires much needed confidence as an sub owner, really appreciate your time :) .

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back