Suggestions for AVR within 25-30K

autobot

Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum and have no prior knowledge of AVR and various audio/video systems.

I am planning to build a home theatre setup in a step by step way to be used entirely for watching movies and occasional music/radio listening. Initially, i am planning to buy an AVR and two floor standing speakers (Yamaha NS-8390).
My budget for AVR is 25K and may extend upto 30K max. I've decided on the following models.

1. Yamaha HTR - 2067 ~ 24K Approx
2. Yamaha RX-V375 ~ 29K Approx
3. Yamaha RX-V377 ~ 32K Approx
4. Onkyo TX-SR 313 ~ 27K Approx
5. Speakers : Yamaha NS-8390 Floor Standing ~ 18K Approx

I am more inclined towards Yamaha HTR 2067 coz of its low price and features but have not found many reviews of the same. Feature wise hows RX-V377 better than HTR-2067 and is spending the extra money worth it.

I shall be using this HT for next 6-7 years. Please provide your valuable suggestions and help me building my HT.

Last edited:
Do you need it for movies or music . If music then you are better of with an Amp otherwise try used AVR , you would get a better one in that range . Generally there is no major difference in budget AVR's , just one or two features extra . So decide which feature you need most and then buy . Also i have seen yamaha HTR 3067 , it is same as RXV377 but costs less . Recently a friend of mine was in a same situation as yours . We went the used AVR way . Saw an add for Denon 1713 , demoed it , and got it for a bargain for just 19k !

Last edited:
Try marantz nr1504 which is 32500/- will be great for movies+music equally. If you are tight on budget check out demon avr-x500 available at 22000/- You must definately look at a decent avr which will keep you happy for the long time you intend to keep your avr and marantz is one such avr which will keep you happy according to me.

Thanks guys for suggestion and replies. After a bit more of research on net and reading various post, I've few things in my mind.

1. My priority is watching movies only and listening music very occasionally. I will connect my TV and PC both to the AVR.
2. I don't wanna buy a used AVR.
3. I want USB and BT connectivity if possible within the budget.
3. I am a bit concerned about availability of service centers for brands like denon & Marantz. No doubt they make quality products, but in case any issue arises post purchase, then non availability of service centre will be an issue. Whereas yamaha, onkyo all have a service centre near to my place.

How is Pioneer brand in Home theatre ? I saw Pioneer VSX-823K listed for Rs. 28K on snapdeal yesterday. Is it a good deal...?

After much deliberation and thought, i finally bought Pioneer VSX-823K for 26K. Hope its a better choice than above all.

Now will buy Yamaha NS-8390 Floorstanders within next 2 days.

Thank you guys for your inputs and suggestions.

Did you audition any other brand? Why not check pioneer Andrew Jones floor standers. Check out jamo s426. You could have jamo s426 5.0 package for 26000 to 30000. Also why are you looking for only yamaha speakers? Any specific reason?

After much deliberation and thought, i finally bought Pioneer VSX-823K for 26K. Hope its a better choice than above all.

Now will buy Yamaha NS-8390 Floorstanders within next 2 days.

Thank you guys for your inputs and suggestions.
Congrats on your avr purchase. Where did you buy it from?

Pioneer VSX-823K for 26K - This is an awesome deal. Where did you get it ? Good receiver! Pair it with Pioneer bluray and may be even the andrew jones speakers. Right match can give you right sound signature.

Budget considerations. Initially i was planning to buy Pioneer SP52 FS, but not possible withing the budget.
Max 18k i have for speakers & I found only Yamaha NS-8390 within that.
They have nice reviews as well.

Try marantz nr1504 which is 32500/- will be great for movies+music equally. If you are tight on budget check out demon avr-x500 available at 22000/- You must definately look at a decent avr which will keep you happy for the long time you intend to keep your avr and marantz is one such avr which will keep you happy according to me.

Hi,

Will you please suggest where NR 1504 can be found for that price?

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back