Suggestions for improving forum experience

Is it possible to have have a changable Skin option. I visited a fourm where in you can choose between 2,3 skins by going in to the options. That was very interesting.
I mean we spend hours daily on our Fourm and it sometime kinda becomes boaring seeing the same Blue scheme everytime........I dont know just my thought.....

Some suggestions on how this can be implemented:
We PM a mod requesting a name change
Mod does the needful
Mod can update a sticky thread with whose handles has been changed to what recently

I like this suggestion........

also I as I pointed love to have some basic editing option like bold and italic, while quick replying or editing your post, without going to "Advance Option" every time........

Last edited by a moderator:
Another suggestion. When we are going through our PMs one after the other, one has to go back to the mail box every time by clicking 'list messages' or 'private messages'. This is cumbersome especially if the network traffic is high as each page loads slowly.

We cannot jump from one message to other like we do to check emails wherein we have 'older / newer' or 'previous / next' (depending on the service provider).

Can this be provided here?:licklips:

Which version of Firefox you are using? I cannot see the "Reload Every" link when I right click. I am using Firefox v3.6.3.
Have you installed any plugin?

Guys, sorry about that, the feature I have mentioned previously is not a standard feature of Firefox, I am using a plug-in called Tab Mix Plus which enhances Firefox's tab browsing capabilities, this has added this automatic reload feature as well. Since I am using this plug-in from day 1 of Firefox, i didn't knew about this, I had to uninstall every plug-in in my Firefox to find out about this one.

Edit - why cant I edit my old post in this thread, but I am able to edit this one???

Last edited:
I feel that dealers should not be able to post 'hawking messages' in general sections. For example, someone is on a lookout for speakers/amps/receivers. Immediately a dealer springs up 'hawking' his wares. This makes one feel like he is in a shopping site rather than forum. Dealers are an important part of the forum but should be restricted to selling wares only in the 'Dealer' section. If people have posted in the 'What to buy' section or any such user section they want consumer experiences and opinions.

Right now the number of dealers are small on this forum but as they grow this can become a menace.

I feel that dealers should not be able to post 'hawking messages' in general sections. For example, someone is on a lookout for speakers/amps/receivers. Immediately a dealer springs up 'hawking' his wares. This makes one feel like he is in a shopping site rather than forum. Dealers are an important part of the forum but should be restricted to selling wares only in the 'Dealer' section. If people have posted in the 'What to buy' section or any such user section they want consumer experiences and opinions.

Right now the number of dealers are small on this forum but as they grow this can become a menace.

This is a great suggestion. Very apt.

Those who wants to have auto-refresh their webpages in IE, here is the solution:

Step 1: Download the following plug-in and install it, it is safe and smaller in size.AutoRefresher for IE - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com

Step 2:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Step 3:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I hope this has been helpful to you all, especially for the Captain.

Hi Venkatesh,

This is a great piece of information. Thank you.

Rgds

Rajesh

Is it possible to have have a changable Skin option. I visited a fourm where in you can choose between 2,3 skins by going in to the options. That was very interesting.
I mean we spend hours daily on our Fourm and it sometime kinda becomes boaring seeing the same Blue scheme everytime........I dont know just my thought.....

Hey SupMod, is there nothing we can do....AFA the appearence of the fourm goes......

Last edited:
For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back