Suggestions for Multi-channel Power amplifier !!

Relaibility is the reason why

Hmm.. I still have and use the Sonodyne stereo power amplifier SPA 202, bought it used from a FM, must be 10 + yrs old as of today and still going good..

Pretty much sold on Sonodyne 8 channel amplifier, but that will be the 2nd step to power speakers after subwoofer amplifier..

To drive the subs, am considering Crown XLS 1502 x 2 units.. On amazon, it shows 25K, any chance of getting it less from a dealer since it will be 2 units?..

Hmm.. I still have and use the Sonodyne stereo power amplifier SPA 202, bought it used from a FM, must be 10 + yrs old as of today and still going good..

Pretty much sold on Sonodyne 8 channel amplifier, but that will be the 2nd step to power speakers after subwoofer amplifier..

To drive the subs, am considering Crown XLS 1502 x 2 units.. On amazon, it shows 25K, any chance of getting it less from a dealer since it will be 2 units?..
Can you mention what else is used in the whole system ?

Can you mention what else is used in the whole system ?

AVR yet to be purchased.. Either would buy Denon x 3500 (or) tentatively i might move my Denon x 3300 AVR to him as it has 7.2 pre-outs, and to cut the price of new buy and use it effectively for quad subwoofers..

Speakers - Klipsch RP 160M (fronts), Klipsch RP 440c (Center), Taga Harmony Platinum one (surrounds), Sonodyne Avant LCR2 250 (1 pair of heights )..

Subwoofer - 4 channel amplifier to be purchased, DIY passive sealed subs (IWAI driver)..

2 channel power amplifier (Sonodyne SPA 202) - to power surrounds..

I bought mine for 33k, more than a year ago. So 25 is a great deal i think.

AVR yet to be purchased.. Either would buy Denon x 3500 (or) tentatively i might move my Denon x 3300 AVR to him as it has 7.2 pre-outs, and to cut the price of new buy and use it effectively for quad subwoofers..

Speakers - Klipsch RP 160M (fronts), Klipsch RP 440c (Center), Taga Harmony Platinum one (surrounds), Sonodyne Avant LCR2 250 (1 pair of heights )..

Subwoofer - 4 channel amplifier to be purchased, DIY passive sealed subs (IWAI driver)..

2 channel power amplifier (Sonodyne SPA 202) - to power surrounds..
As you have an AVR .. crown's other features will be of no use.
Check qsc rmx 850 will cost below 20k.
Don't know about impedance and sensitivity matching.

Sonodyne seems to have introduced a new series of 2 and 4 channel amplifiers.

The 2104 and the 2106 are 4 channel, while the rest are 2 channel.

Can someone from Kolkatta, take a look at the amps and see how they sound? If it is reasonable, I wan to buy the 2104.

Thanks

Sonodyne seems to have introduced a new series of 2 and 4 channel amplifiers.

The 2104 and the 2106 are 4 channel, while the rest are 2 channel.

Can someone from Kolkatta, take a look at the amps and see how they sound? If it is reasonable, I wan to buy the 2104.

Thanks
does anyone here have pricelist for these amps. Some of these looks very good and I might pick myself one, if they fall in my budget.

You may also look at the PA’s from IndiqAudio. You can get a 4ch for 109K and it’s vfm for that kind of configuration.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back