Suggestions for Stereo Amp to drive ELAC Debut 2.0 B6.2

rajivaryan1984

Hi All,

Could you please suggest me the right and within budget ( between 50,000-70,000) stereo amp which can easily drive The ELAC B6.2 (Debut 2.0) for Stereo Listening.

Thanks in advance...

Regards.
Rajiv

Hi All,

Could you please suggest me the right and within budget ( between 50,000-70,000) stereo amp which can easily drive The ELAC B6.2 (Debut 2.0) for Stereo Listening.

Thanks in advance...

Regards.
Rajiv
If you can stretch yourself slightly, Audiolab 6000A at 75K, Marantz PM8006 and PM7000N at 79K are significantly better choices than PM6007, in power, quality and features. All the 3 models are selling at a price lesser than what was a few months ago. Over 5 or more years the difference won't matter to you, but you will enjoy your system much more.

Hi All,

Thanks in advance...

Regards.
Rajiv

This should be a better match for it, comes with 2 channel Room Correction plus many receiver options. The Local price should be in your budget AFAIK.

I have used NAD (50w per channel @ 8 ohms) and Cambridge audio (35w per channel @ 8 ohms) amp with Elac Debut B5. Both were able to drive these speakers comfortably even when the sensitivity of Elac B5 is 85db. Nad was a slight better performer because of the wattage and dynamics.

Am using Denon PMA 600ne with Elac Debut 2 B5,2 for a year now. Requires Stand Mounting and Proper Placement. A bit away from the Walls. Also requires 3 months burn in period to open up. Now after about more than 500 hours of burn in period, its performing great.

Thanks friends I was confused between PM6007 and Audiolab 6000 and has finally decided on Audiolab.

Getting the speaker cables - Emotion and Mogami 2497 for RCA's for the source.
Congratulations, did you audition this combo? I think 6000a can use used as a preamp to an external Poweramp. That could be a future upgrade as the elacs love and thrive on good and abundant power.

MaSh

I use Elac B5.2 woth Audiolab 6000A. The amplifier drives them well. I first started off with Amazon Basic speaker cable, then changed to Mogami 2804.

I have Marantz PM6006 and NAD 902 amp which i use to drive Elac B6 speaker, both the amps pair well with speaker.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back