Suggestions for wallpaper/paint for wall behind OLED TV.

pauljoseph

I've been using the LG CX for about a month now and pretty awed at the black levels everyday, so much that, I don't watch tv during the day anymore. I have to wait till at least 7pm before I can get my room pitch black with all lights off.

Although, there is one issue with my living room, all walls are white at the moment. So, even when there is a supposedly full black scene with a little bit of white text/image, it brightens up the whole room and essentially gets the light to reflect off the walls and onto the wall behind the OLED tv, thereby marking the boundaries of the tv obvious which is slightly off-putting with respect to immersiveness.

Been toying around with the idea of somehow getting my wall black. But need to be reasonable as well as to how much of an impact it would make to the living room. I initially thought of getting black wallpaper or black velvet cloth for a trial run but I haven't gotten to it yet.

Right now, we're going through a house painting session and am willing to just paint my wall black for a trial run and then switch it later on if it's not suitable or something.

Does anyone have any experience with respect to good paints? Should I go for just black or is dark grey enough?

Dark grey is LCD LED technology colour reproduction! ;) For OLED go for black! Mahesh, who painted my house can be reached at 8438410674. He can give an accurate picture if consulted. Good luck!

Dark grey is LCD LED technology colour reproduction! ;) For OLED go for black! Mahesh, who painted my house can be reached at 8438410674. He can give an accurate picture if consulted. Good luck!
Looking at anything in that spectrum actually. As long as it masks the tv borders properly...

Try Philips Hue.. you don't need a dark background, you need an ambient one
I guess you're referring to bias lighting? That's usually done for LED/LCD tech where you're trying to increase the perceived blackness by increasing contrast of the surroundings.

For OLEDs, we need to do the opposite and have as much minimal light as possible because the blacks are already pure black.

For OLEDs, we need to do the opposite and have as much minimal light as possible because the blacks are already pure black.
Didn't have an idea of this! :) But, my approach was more towards decreasing the line between the TV boundaries and the backdrop.. The ambient lighting just extends the boundaries to ease out your eyes in the dark by throwing colors from the boundaries onto the wall and also give the perception of having a hard cut from the TV and the wall

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back