Suggestions Needed for Suboofer : 2 x Rythmik Audio F25 or 2 x SB13 Ultra

Flash

My Sub-woofer requirement is for a Dedicated Room 17.5 x 21

Budget : 300k - 350k
Usage : 70% Music - 30% Movies

My present Von Schweikert Speakers have built in 10inch Passive Subwoofers in a TL enclosure capable of going down to 25hz -3db.

However in order to ease the load on the Amps I am looking at augmenting the bottom frequencies with a pair of Subwoofers .

I presently own the Rythmik FV15hp since the last 3 years . which will be moved to another room.

I am a firm believer of 2 subs in a room to even out bass response and tame room nodes. As well as as seat per Seat Bass consistency so that is the primary reason for Dual Subs . I am also a firm believer of 2 subs for Stereo as opposed to Summed Mono.
This is something I have experienced personally playing around with various subs

The Crossover point for the Subs will be around 50 - 55hz

At present I am a little confused between the 2

Rythmik Audio F25 ( A Pair)
it Has 2x15 inch Servo drivers in a Single enclosure driven by 800 watt RMS Hypex Amp
Each driver is powered by 400 wrms Hypex Module

Considering I am looking at a pair we are talking about 2 x 15inch Server Drivers with a total of 1600 watt RMS

Low Frequency Cut of Point - 12hz - 2 Db

Pros : Cleaner Bass , Servo , 12hz LF
Cons : Massive Size, Heavy, Looks

The Second Option is the acclaimed

SVS SB 13 Ultra

Specs a 13" Driver 1000 watt RMS
Low Frequency cut off Point 20hz - 3db

Pros : Reliability, Size , Looks , Build Quality
Cons : Limited LF extension,

So here lies the confusion . Bot hare exceptionally good Subwoofers and the Price point of both are similar as well

Whichever Sub I would end up picking I dont intend on changing it or upgrading it at least for the next 5 - 7 years or maybe more

Please Note :: I am not a Bass Head and I prefer a more natural Presntaion of Bass for Movies and Music as opposed to it being hyped up

-- F l a s h --

JL audio ?

audire chennai is the drstributor ..

the Gotham is a large one..

sorry if i am widening the net but i think you should consider these as well

request you to inform the mods to remove my post of you want to focus on only the 2 brands and subs you mentioned.

regards

Mpw

I would love to own the Gotham or the Paradigm Sub 2 however I would need to sell my kidneys if I wanted a pair . So both out of the question due to budget constraints .

A pair of Jl audio cheaper Fathom F113 would also not fit into my tight budget unfortunately

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back