Suggestions needed from AV guru's - Chennai

Kevin16

Hello All,

Am new to this forum and looking for good AV receiver (7.1 / 7.2 ) Atmos setup

I already have onkyo speakers with me (7.1) and my speaker configs are as below.

7 ch × 130 W at 6 ohms, 1 kHz, 1 ch driven
Front speakers (SKF-580)
Center speaker (SKC-580)
Surround speakers/Surround back speakers
(SKR-580/SKB-580)

Kevin

Welcome to the forum kevin. It will be helpful if you can share more details such as your room dimensions,layout and if its a dedicated HT room with false ceiling and the most important factor budget.

Last edited:
Hello All,

I already have onkyo speakers with me (7.1) and my speaker configs are as below.

Front speakers (SKF-580)
Center speaker (SKC-580)
Surround speakers/Surround back speakers
(SKR-580/SKB-580)

Kevin
I live in a place where there are no HT stores. So, if you are like me NR1608 on hifimart is your best bet if you want atmos. I don't know what is available in HT stores in India. But, 1608 is very well priced. I bought it a week back and like it. I have used full sized receivers before this and I don't feel that this receiver sounds any less than other full sized receivers.
Although, I would buy better speakers first with a cheaper 5.1 receiver, if I did not have the money for both. At least better front 3 speakers. Don't buy another set of small speakers. Most small speakers don't sound good. Speakers make much more difference in sound than any receiver and they don't become obsolete like receivers.

Welcome to the forum kevin. It will be helpful if you can share more details such as your room dimensions,layout and if its a dedicated HT room with false ceiling and the most important factor budget.

Thanks Mate, No am actually looking for a hall setup - no dedicated room setup as of now, and the hall dimensions will be 15X20.

Budget 45k, Once i settle with this setup i will slowly upgrade my speakers.

I live in a place where there are no HT stores. So, if you are like me NR1608 on hifimart is your best bet if you want atmos. I don't know what is available in HT stores in India. But, 1608 is very well priced. I bought it a week back and like it. I have used full sized receivers before this and I don't feel that this receiver sounds any less than other full sized receivers.
Although, I would buy better speakers first with a cheaper 5.1 receiver, if I did not have the money for both. At least better front 3 speakers. Don't buy another set of small speakers. Most small speakers don't sound good. Speakers make much more difference in sound than any receiver and they don't become obsolete like receivers.

Agreed bro, I need to upgrade the speakers as well, But unfortunately not now :-(

If you prefer Onkyo, then that is also a good choice.. Otherwise, you should be able to get any 7.2 AVR in that budget..

Pioneer LX 303 is an other offering, around your budget.. You may consider that as well..

If you prefer Onkyo, then that is also a good choice.. Otherwise, you should be able to get any 7.2 AVR in that budget..

Pioneer LX 303 is an other offering, around your budget.. You may consider that as well..

Hi Elango,

But VSX-LX303 is around 80k in hifimart,

Kevin

Last edited:
Hi Elango,

But VSX-LX303 is around 80k in hifimart, and since you are from namba city, Do you prefer grey market purchase, If yes do you any reliable contacts from Burma bazzar?

Kevin
I purchased my Denon 2400 in grey for 44k and sold it to my close friend after using it for a year. The pioneer 503 itself is available for 55k only at Burma bazaar.

Hi Elango,

But VSX-LX303 is around 80k in hifimart, and since you are from namba city, Do you prefer grey market purchase, If yes do you any reliable contacts from Burma bazzar?

Kevin

Discussion on grey products / prices in any post is against forum rules.. :)

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back