Suggestions needed on :: 2 Channel Amplifier

Sidharth Trehan

Dear friends,

I had thought about Maratz PM7003 or PM7001 (pls let know if you have any vendor who has it)

I am most likely going to use it with Dali Ikon 5 or max an Ikon 6 and for for music that shall usually remain pleasant to ears (..at times hip hop too :D).

I am to receive my Marantz CD6002, Dali Ikon 5 speakers which shall be used for the audio set up. Other components are regardless to discuss.

Since i was just exposed to Marantz till now, hence i was only looking there. But i am more than willing to have suggestions on companies who have focused their energies for Music ..while designing their amplifiers.

Kindly advise back your suggestions on model/make, as per your experience & auditions made. Kindly keep in mind that i may add Ikon 6 later sometime to the amp, so the power should well be decent and not too low.

Many thanks friends :)
Sid

Thanks for the advice Neo.
Is there any new model available in case this isnt there?

And as for speakers .. Ikon 5 is a preference and Ikon 6 is a need.
So i shall be having both very soon. But as of now i have Ikon 5.

brgs

Hi,
Apart from the Marantz the other options are Nad/Arcam/Rotel. I have never heard the Arcam/Dali combo but as an amp its a better bet than others in the budget arena. In Bbay all the Arcam amps (i.e A70,A90 etc) are being offered at a 10K discount as Arcam is now only interested in selling higher end products(FMJ) and are scrapping the Diva range. I would explore this option as its a nice amp for the money and very conservatively rated. Another popular amp is the little cyrus amp which goes well with Dali.
Sid there are many more options too. All depends on the allocated budget. I personally would buy a big amp( if its an SS) preferably a Pre/power for any speaker and get the maximum from them.
Regards

Dinyaar bhai,
Was foolish of me to have missed out about the budget allocation. I can spend around 60k approx for the amp here. (+/- 20%).

A while back (knowing the cost well), I was also looking at Marantz mm8003/av8003 combo as well for sound, but then its just out.. and someone then suggested to limit at an integrated than investing in a pre/power set up.

pls keep the guidance coming.

brgs

Fair enough Sid. An integrated is cheaper and u get the convenience of a one box unit.
Neo the C372 is still available its the C352 which was replaced by the C355. I am not a fan of Nad nor do i abhor the way the amp is voiced. Can work and does work well with many speakers. Sid hear all the three(Arcam/Nad/Rotel) and compare the sound to the Marantz and see which amp works for u.
Regards

The A70 is quite a steal at the price - provided you like the sonic signature (or the 'house sound' as they call it). Equally, you may love the NAD sound to the exclusion of everything else!

All three brands mentioned have their share of fans. It's very subjective and totally depends on what you value most as an aesthetic preference.

Take your time listening to the shortlisted brands, preferably with your make of speakers - there'll be one that floats your boat.

Hi,

Do check out the PULZ RS 250 or the Pulz RS 180DC,they are known for the legendary reliability and sound reproduction quality

Http://www.pulz.co.in or R & S Electronics

Dear friends,

I had thought about Maratz PM7003 or PM7001 (pls let know if you have any vendor who has it)

I am most likely going to use it with Dali Ikon 5 or max an Ikon 6 and for for music that shall usually remain pleasant to ears (..at times hip hop too :D).

I am to receive my Marantz CD6002, Dali Ikon 5 speakers which shall be used for the audio set up. Other components are regardless to discuss.

Since i was just exposed to Marantz till now, hence i was only looking there. But i am more than willing to have suggestions on companies who have focused their energies for Music ..while designing their amplifiers.

Kindly advise back your suggestions on model/make, as per your experience & auditions made. Kindly keep in mind that i may add Ikon 6 later sometime to the amp, so the power should well be decent and not too low.

Many thanks friends :)
Sid

Many thanks for the help & guidance everyone.
Just finalized on Marantz PM-15S1 & ordered for the same.

Best regards
Sid

I trust Marantz, but still ..is there anyone with an experience to share about PM 15S1 or its predecessor PM 11S1 ..should be close to each other in sound, or might as well be grossly wrong in assuming so.

brgs

Congratulations Sidharth!

I use the Marantz 15S1 combo with Ikon 6 for a while now. I have literally stopped worrying about a HiFi upgrade after acquiring this combo. The others players I was auditioning at that time were Primare, Apollo, Cyrus, Kandy etc. It finally came down to a tie between the Rega and Marantz, as Primare turned out to be quite expensive at that time. Went for the Marantz after some sleepless nights and never-ending hours of auditioning!

Regarding the gear, the first thing you will notice is how heavy it is. The build quality is excellent and it feels like a tank. I generally listen to music at low to moderate volumes and trust me you wont miss any details at all. Some find the rather modest power out put of PM15S1 a drawback but I never felt the need to have more, plus dare I say that the amp sounds much powerful regardless of the ratings given. If analytical details and pin sharp imaging is what you are after, then this might not be the best out there. But if smooth and fluid music is your thing and you are the sort who like long listening sessions with out fatigue, then look no further!

The only drawback in my system I personally feel are the speakers, not that the Ikons are bad - but am sure it could be much better. It??s now a long due and hopefully I might upgrade in the near future. Short listed ProAc D28 and Focal 1027BE but yet to hear them side by side.

Best regards.

Hi siddu,
I am also in search of a good amp for quad and i have come across many amps with their prices and I feel you are not a good bargainer, by the way where did you bought the amp.
with regards,
nanda kumar

@ Unleash me
Proac :) ..all the way n my wishes ..get it and share your experience.
Loved every bit of your shared about 15s1, i shall not be using it at really high volumes, but at subtle & moderate levels only. And since i have migrated from Sony to this ..so you can understand my level of listening, they shall take time to mature.

Great to have heard from you. Thanks

Brgs

Hi siddu,
I am also in search of a good amp for quad and i have come across many amps with their prices and I feel you are not a good bargainer, by the way where did you bought the amp.
with regards,
nanda kumar

Dada, you guessed quite right. What is the price you have with you? from whom? I have the price from a shop in Delhi.

Thanks for pointing it out & guidance hence forth

brgs

Hi Sid,
Congratulations. This is part of the marantz reference series and a superbly built amplifier. Its sure looks lovely too. Dunno the current pricing though.
Regards

Thanks Dinyaar bhai :D ..much pleased to have the word of assurance from the senior members.

After Nanda bhai's post, I have just held back the order for it from the current vendor, the piece was to be delivered next week. If the pricing difference aint substantial then i shall go ahead with it.

Thanks again

Brgs

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back