Suggestions on Budget 4K Projector (Less than 1.5L)

Thanks, Ravi. I had not tried getting from US/UK due to fear of breakage as well as losing the warranty part. How did you go about it ..Did the store directly shipped it ?? I will explore this route as well..
My friend packed the projector,cable, remote and Android Stick in a bag that has padding and carried it as a hand baggage along with his backpack. He didn't even remove the protective cover on the projector when he packed it. Customs guys questioned him and he said he used the projector for his work purposes(throw a few marketing jargons). The projector arrived safely. Weight of the projector is 3.2 kilos. So, there wouldn't be any issues carrying. Tip: remove the cover

Did you take the Audition of Benq and Epson side by side ?
No, unfortunately those trials were days apart for Benq TK800, Optoma UHD30, Optoma Hd30hdr.
Didn't even get a trial for Epson 7100, just pulled the trigger as others won't fit in my room.
For me also it boiled down to Optoma 30HDHDR/Epson7100/Benq TK800M..
How much will the difference in pic will be betwen true 4K Vs Enhanced 4K Pic ..Is it really noticeable...
How much difference in pic quality will be between Optoma HD HDR30 Vs Epson 7100 from 12 feet distance ?
Frankly, I couldn't notice a difference between these three. Again, it was observed days apart, so don't consider it seriously. And, although I've good memory, it's not photographic .
I had requested to play 4k and full hd content. Benq was projected from 12 feet distance on 100 inch screen. Sitting position was directly below the projector. Didn't notice any real difference in 4K and FHD content in that setup.
The Optomas were tried in a different setup on Accousticaly transparent screen (150 inch screen probably). Projection was from beyond 14-16 feet range and sitting position was around at 12-14 feet . I could get the difference between brightness, but not in resolution (4k vs FHD for same projectors) .

In all these DLP projectors, I couldn't notice any rainbow effect. I didn't ask them to run any tests which typically expose that, as I was primarily focused on audio part at the time.

I was still wary of the same, during my projector hunt phase, considering I didn't take my kids / better half or parents to try these projectors. What if, I buy this and any of family member is prone to "have a good eyesight" to catch it? . It would have ruined the whole HT! Even with bad eyesight like me, I didn't test it for those corner cases; if I had happened to start seeing it post purchase, it would have meant an unwarranted upgrade, soon! I wouldn't be able to unsee it, every time it's on.

I would have made that purchase in any case considering my budget though. But, projection ratio and absence of lense shift was a deal breaker . Had to increase my budget from Optoma Hd30hdr to Epson 7100. And man, I'm happy to go that way!

As far as the heating and projector placement issue that you have, I didn't have it. As my window is 9-10 feet behind the projector in another step up room, just behind the 16/18 feet long room.

I'm sure, you've also considered Mi UST laser projector as well. I had considered it, ditched it for absence of 3D and wildest "fan boy" vs "ultra disillusioned" reviews. One would think of consistency in those luxury expenses... right?

hello ,
BenQ TK700 True 4K HDR ..TK 800M is end of life ..TK 700 also has lesser throw distance .
Viewsonic is cheap and so the quality . its not Epson 1700 , its 7100 . Its good but with HD engine and processed 4K ( not True 4K)

Benq is in your Budget too. Go for it

I went with W2700 when my Optoma FHD PJ gave up last year same lockdown.

It is out of the box calibrated. And you get a calibration report in the box. As stated color reproduction is very nice. But you won’t get the list of features when compared to PJ like Optoma. But it never felt lacking.
@mail2sumanth I am exploring Benq w2700i, feedback pls.

Hi Vijay. It is good . But I suggest to take a demo before you decide. My room is dedicated and always dark. Most of the PJ’s perform well. But may not be in other environments.
I have option to keep the room dark. But it's not a dedicated room. It's more of informal media room cum my work room. Dark room will b difficult for my toddler. I am planning to use the projector for 3D n animation videos for kid as well. But with little light, so that we can keep eye on kid. Is W2700 a good fit for my usecase or do you suggest I go for tk850i, brightness is 3000lm, rest of specs is same

I have option to keep the room dark. But it's not a dedicated room. It's more of informal media room cum my work room. Dark room will b difficult for my toddler. I am planning to use the projector for 3D n animation videos for kid as well. But with little light, so that we can keep eye on kid. Is W2700 a good fit for my usecase or do you suggest I go for tk850i, brightness is 3000lm, rest of specs is same
I never used 3D in this projector.. in my case little light when the door is opened spoils the picture. Part of the screen where the light falls completely looks washed out. In this area my previous PJ was good Optoma HD26 full HD. If no difference in features you can got for TK850 for its brightness.

I never used 3D in this projector.. in my case little light when the door is opened spoils the picture. Part of the screen where the light falls completely looks washed out. In this area my previous PJ was good Optoma HD26 full HD. If no difference in features you can got for TK850 for its brightness.
I was going through classified section and there is UHD 65 PJ for sale if you are interested. It’s local in Bangalore.

How is optoma uhd 33. People recommend it against Epdon 7100 and Benq Tk 800.
Pls suggest

How is optoma uhd 33. People recommend it against Epdon 7100 and Benq Tk 800.
Pls suggest
No idea. Heard optoma uhd33 is good but has no 3D. My research was limited to Benq. Tk850i, W2700 r the models i shortlisted for cinema. If you are a gamer w1800 or tk700 are also good

from Benq - If dedicated / dark room, w2700, for medium ambient light rooms tk850. You can see n decide urself. I couldn't get demo in places I visited. Haven't purchased yet.
Demo in Bangalore is available at sanghvi impex Malleswaram for benq 2700.. recently one of fm from here bought from them after demo

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back