suggestions on floor standers for yamaha a/v receiver rxv 3067

designation

hello all , i would like to upgrade my tower speaker , which is a wharfedale saphire 69
specs : 200 wats rms
8 ohms
92 db
was thinking of going for a wharfedale diamond 10.7 , but then came to know its a 6 ohms speaker, my reciever is an 8 ohm . would this be an issue in anyway? i mean will there be loss in quality of sound or power? please do help .
if their are other speaker suggestions please do mention.

6 ohms speakers should not make any difference, you could consider them. They are plenty of speakers that you could consider depending on your budget either floorstanders or bookshelf or satellite. Good brands are MA, dali,Qaucostic,tannoy;kef;wharfdale.its best to audition and then decide

6 ohms speakers should not make any difference, you could consider them. They are plenty of speakers that you could consider depending on your budget either floorstanders or bookshelf or satellite. Good brands are MA, dali,Qaucostic,tannoy;kef;wharfdale.its best to audition and then decide

thanks for the response.. my budget would be rs. 70000/- could you please gimme more suggestions.

i have few brands which i have considered please do give your opinions.
1. polk audio tsx 440t
2.wharfedale diamond 10.7
3. paradigm monitor 9 v7.
any other brand and model suggestion??

You must not omit Dali from the list, do audition them, the Zensor line.

thank you for the suggestion.. but right now i am using a wharfedale saphire 89 floor stander which is bigger and more powerful than a dali zensor .. wouldnt it be downgrading than upgrading? just a doubt please do correct me if i am wrong
wharfedale sapphire 89: 3-way sealed mid range chamber, front and rear ported bass chamber
Power Handling: 200 watts
Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms
Sensitivity: 91db
Frequency Response: 30Hz to 20kHz
Drive Units:
Two 170mm Bass drive unit with mineral polypropylene cones
170mm mid unit with mineral polypropylene cones
25mm silk fabric dome tweeter with ferrofluid
Dimensions(HxWxD): 1120 x 213 x 405 mm
these are the specs of my current speakers.

thank you for the suggestion.. but right now i am using a wharfedale saphire 89 floor stander which is bigger and more powerful than a dali zensor .. wouldnt it be downgrading than upgrading? just a doubt please do correct me if i am wrong
wharfedale sapphire 89: 3-way sealed mid range chamber, front and rear ported bass chamber
Power Handling: 200 watts
Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms
Sensitivity: 91db
Frequency Response: 30Hz to 20kHz
Drive Units:
Two 170mm Bass drive unit with mineral polypropylene cones
170mm mid unit with mineral polypropylene cones
25mm silk fabric dome tweeter with ferrofluid
Dimensions(HxWxD): 1120 x 213 x 405 mm
these are the specs of my current speakers.

You havent mentioned why you are upgrading actually
Is it that your speakers have come to end of life and you are replacing them ? Or are you looking to simply upgrade your speakers ?

You havent mentioned why you are upgrading actually
Is it that your speakers have come to end of life and you are replacing them ? Or are you looking to simply upgrade your speakers ?

yes its been more than 14 years now and there is slight distortions at times , especially when playing heavy base..should i change the speakers or get these repaired ?.. if so where can i get it repaired?

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back